Hacking Gateway for n(new)3ds or sky for n(new)3ds?

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
The only difference is that Gateway does not permanently get blocked.

People claimed SKY will be blocked every patch and it still isn't. Gateway's Emunand is constantly getting fixed and Gateway have to find a solution to Nintendo's attempt at blocking them.

You can't say for sure that SKY3DS will be patched (Nintendo might not give a shit about it and let it work forever) and Gateway could have Emunand permanently patched some in the future (which as you can see, Nintendo are actively trying to do). If Gateway exhausts all of its available bugs to exploit or if Nintendo overhauls the system firmware you could see Emunand out of order. If Nintendo decides to patch SKY3DS out then they are out of luck too (still usable, just not on the firmware that blocked it).

Nothing is for certain, please don't make assumptions like that. We're here to help someone out, not be fanboys.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People claimed SKY will be blocked every patch and it still isn't. Gateway's Emunand is constantly getting fixed and Gateway have to find a solution to Nintendo's attempt at blocking them.

You can't say for sure that SKY3DS will be patched (Nintendo might not give a shit about it and let it work forever) and Gateway could have Emunand permanently patched some in the future (which as you can see, Nintendo are actively trying to do). If Gateway exhausts all of its available bugs to exploit or if Nintendo overhauls the system firmware you could see Emunand out of order. If Nintendo decides to patch SKY3DS out then they are out of luck too (still usable, just not on the firmware that blocked it).

Nothing is for certain, please don't make assumptions like that. We're here to help someone out, not be fanboys.

Im not a fanboy Im just stating facts, and the facts are that every time that Nintendo tries to patch Emunand GW always manages to fix it. Sky3DS will get blocked just like every flashcart has been blocked til now and thats not an assumption! Some premium flashcards like GW and DSTWO have managed to survive this long due their nature of being upgradeable. Once Sky3DS gets blocked it is done therefore leaving the users without its one and only "feature" - being able to work on the latest firmware.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This damn question been asked so many times its rediculous. Pick what works for you, FOR YOU.

Yes there's a hold up with the release for support on N3ds from GW.

Yes sky3ds still works with the LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE.

So what do YOU DO? WHAT DO YOU CARE FOR THE MOST?

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
This damn question been asked so many times its rediculous. Pick what works for you, FOR YOU.

Yes there's a hold up with the release for support on N3ds from GW.

Yes sky3ds still works with the LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE.

So what do YOU DO? WHAT DO YOU CARE FOR THE MOST?

Will Sky3ds be blocked, will even Gateway be blocked, only time will tell
I do feel it's risky to make a purchase on Sky atm but yeh, i'm happy it hasn't been blocked yet though

P.S: Like i've said many times before, the wait for the gate is painful but it'll be worth it

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This quote claims that gateway is working on New3DS, because the video shows New3DS and gateway. So, people are buying them.

Based on this quote, you will be blamed for buying a New3DS and gateway, and it's your fault.

1. I was only proving that Sky3DS is not the only flashcart right now that's capable of playing roms on the New3DS towards an earlier post and then it suddenly escalated to where we are now.
  2. Again, Gateway was only showing everyone that their GW red card does indeed work on Gateway and is capable of playing roms and installing .cia files. I wasn't trying to blame anyone, but I guess if that's how you see it, then I apologize. All I was just trying say is that they made their own choice to buy a New3DS. So, if they don't want to sell their New3DS/Gateway or get an (old) 3DS to use Gateway, then they'll just have to wait patiently for Gateway to release their New3DS update and not complain that they bought something that's almost worthless to them without Gateway.

Rather Dashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gambled and bought a Gateway and a R4i 3DS for my New 3DS that I pre ordered. I will just have to play some DS roms on it until Gateway figures it out. Now I'm just worried that its going to ship with >9.2 as the firmware!

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I gambled and bought a Gateway and a R4i 3DS for my New 3DS that I pre ordered. I will just have to play some DS roms on it until Gateway figures it out. Now I'm just worried that its going to ship with >9.2 as the firmware!

I got 9.0 for my aus one recently and I they were apparently made months ago so don't see it being higher than 9.2 if it comes out in 2 weeks :D

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Sky3ds be blocked, will even Gateway be blocked, only time will tell
I do feel it's risky to make a purchase on Sky atm but yeh, i'm happy it hasn't been blocked yet though

P.S: Like i've said many times before, the wait for the gate is painful but it'll be worth it

Of course it was worth the wait for me and since the competition is able to play on 9.5 without any hardware/software updates than you can bet GW are on it. If it wasn't for sky3ds GW wouldn't have made any progress to support any firmware above 4.5.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This quote claims that gateway is working on New3DS, because the video shows New3DS and gateway. So, people are buying them.

Based on this quote, you will be blamed for buying a New3DS and gateway, and it's your fault.

jackie-chan-wtf-face-meme-i9.jpg

It shows features running on the N3DS, but it didnt'state for you to go out and rush into buying a system that isn't available in your region or buy a GW card. I saw the statement on GW site and waited before buying anything. When the video was release thats when I said cool its progress, I went made my purchase. I waited another 1 1.5 months for the Ultra release.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah.........how many more times are we going to have to hear it. I mean sky3ds does its job and does it well. Is there another point you need to make with this one line code blocking that we already know?

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's simple. If Gateway had a fully working (user friendly) N3DS update ready it would be out now. Yes we saw the video but there is most likely a bunch of steps involved that the average user couldn't do easily. I believe Gateway has a working exploit for the N3DS and I also believe they have the best feature set and support of any 3DS flash card out there.
Gateway wouldn't hold it back due to some small bug or feature that isn't available, we have already seen the statement regarding Emunand 9.5 so there goes that for launch. People just want to be able to use their Gateway card on their N3DS, if only the basic rom loading function is working you bet they probably would have released it as beta 3.0.x and use the whole "it's only in beta so x features won't work" line. Releasing nothing tells us that there is something quite large that needs to be corrected before any public release, even if it is classed as beta.

Every day Gateway are losing money to Sky 3DS and clones, they wouldn't be stalling this whole time if it wasn't something major. If anything the Emunand 9.5 announcement has hurt their sales, yes they are being honest and yes it doesn't really mean a whole lot at this point in time, so they are either really honest (and not too smart, we have already seen that in terms of their PR) or the N3DS update will likely drop in the coming week.

What to do? If you already have a Gateway card you should probably wait a little longer. If you haven't made up your mind then see if you need any of the extended features of Gateway, if not or you can live without them, grab a Sky3DS or one of the clones and start playing.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah.........how many more times are we going to have to hear it. I mean sky3ds does its job and does it well. Is there another point you need to make with this one line code blocking that we already know?

dude even if the sky3ds does its job well, its a risky investment, its like buying a house near a river that with rain could grow to take your house down, sky3ds works now and it works with the latest firmware, but if by chance nintendo gets a way to block it, ppl would lose all the money they invest because the card doesnt have a insurance that it will keep working, they made the card that it cannot be updated, you need to buy another one if they know a way to make it work after the latest was patched. I have a lot of gateways because i have 3 nn3ds and 2 n3ds xl, i thought of buying the sky3ds but in the end i prefer not to, i think its better to be safe than sorry, i can do other stuff while i wait and the wait will bear good news, also when sky3ds gets blocked A LOT of ppl fanboys and non fanboys will flood gbatemp with post of i told you so, etc.

I really hope it doesnt get blocked but nintendo is trying to patch the most dangerous one even if you think sky3ds is more dangerous, why? because kernel exploits give total control over the console, we can even make custom themes that are awesome, run emulators better than even nintendo is supporting, using other region roms and cia, that is a problem for the company, sky3ds emulation of 1:1 takes time and now that they flushed gateway for nn3ds in 9.5 i assume they will work on the next threat sky3ds

Reactions: guitarheroknight

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not like buying a house, this subject is about backup card playing. If you know what both are capable of doing, besides playing backup roms, than the choice is obvious to make to the users who keep asking the public for there opinion.

Back in the day there were no firmware updates on gameboy, nintendo, super nintendo or n64. Now that its become an option for Nintendo it gives them the ability to render any card useless until an update is release from the team who created the card. So to keep repeating "why hasn't Nintendo blocked sky3ds" is just plain idiot response to a question that wasn't asked in this thread.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's simple. If Gateway had a fully working (user friendly) N3DS update ready it would be out now. Yes we saw the video but there is most likely a bunch of steps involved that the average user couldn't do easily. I believe Gateway has a working exploit for the N3DS and I also believe they have the best feature set and support of any 3DS flash card out there.
Gateway wouldn't hold it back due to some small bug or feature that isn't available, we have already seen the statement regarding Emunand 9.5 so there goes that for launch. People just want to be able to use their Gateway card on their N3DS, if only the basic rom loading function is working you bet they probably would have released it as beta 3.0.x and use the whole "it's only in beta so x features won't work" line. Releasing nothing tells us that there is something quite large that needs to be corrected before any public release, even if it is classed as beta.

Every day Gateway are losing money to Sky 3DS and clones, they wouldn't be stalling this whole time if it wasn't something major. If anything the Emunand 9.5 announcement has hurt their sales, yes they are being honest and yes it doesn't really mean a whole lot at this point in time, so they are either really honest (and not too smart, we have already seen that in terms of their PR) or the N3DS update will likely drop in the coming week.

What to do? If you already have a Gateway card you should probably wait a little longer. If you haven't made up your mind then see if you need any of the extended features of Gateway, if not or you can live without them, grab a Sky3DS or one of the clones and start playing.

Losing money probably isn't there priority, losing face is whats happening. So far they made an attempt by releasing 3.0.4 to support 9.5 for 3ds/3dsxl and maybe 2ds( I haven't heard any issues from 2ds users yet ).

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Losing money probably isn't there priority, losing face is whats happening. So far they made an attempt by releasing 3.0.4 to support 9.5 for 3ds/3dsxl and maybe 2ds( I haven't heard any issues from 2ds users yet ).

Losing face = losing money ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end