Hacking Gateway Emunand & Pokemon X/Y

ozling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my Gateway, and running Omega 2.2 on a 3DS XL with 4.4 Firmware.

Reading the forum, it seems the latest firmware, 7.2, has a new encryption and so, online play is not possible at this stage.

I booted up Gateway, and started playing Pokemon X/Y using Emunand 4.4. Saves and game play seems fine.

I did not expect Pokemon X and Y to work given it is on Emunand 4.4, but it does. Is there any reason to update the Emunand?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nope, not until eShop is fixed. I have 4.2 emunand which is the same as my sysNAND, and I can play pretty much anything online except Pokemon and other games requiring a patch.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't already have the patch from the eShop, no you can't.

Thanks.... I kept thinking what was wrong with it lol
Is it safe to play the game now and when Gateway allows you to update emunand then I can update game and play online.
I would hate to start over and make a new save file... I already patched the rom?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.... I kept thinking what was wrong with it lol
Is it safe to play the game now and when Gateway allows you to update emunand then I can update game and play online.
I would hate to start over and make a new save file... I already patched the rom?

You can play all you want now. As long as you have the game already in the .3DZ format, as soon as you get the patches from the eShop you can hope online without any problems.:yaysp:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
one more thing to note, is local trading/battling will also not work without emunand updated to 6.x+ (obviously with 8.x not working its currently unable to get this if you dont have it already)

but everything else should be ok on 4.x

Reactions: noki@ and MGS1980

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Same