Hacking Gateway downgrade question and emunand

joeh1974

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if these have been asked in varying places before, but my Gateway arrives in a couple of days, and I want to make sure that I have everything correct.

My 3DS XL is on 9.2. I'm planning on downgrading to 4.2 as I don't want to rely on an internet connection, nor a website being available to use the exploit. I've found a few guides, and have a few questions:

1. Should emunand be set up before or after I downgrade to 4.2?
2. My 3DS has all of the ambassador games on it. I've already backed up my card, but when I restore the games, do I put them into the Sysnand "Nintendo 3ds" folder, or the embedded emunand folder?
3. I know that retail saves can get corrupted post downgrade, but what about newly created retail saves after the downgrade has already occurred?
4. Can I still use my DSTwo in conjunction with Gateway?

Thanks!

joeh1974

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. Sorry, if these have been answered other places, but I didn't find answers via a search. If anyone could answer, I would definitely appreciate it!

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Should emunand be set up before or after I downgrade to 4.2?
2. My 3DS has all of the ambassador games on it. I've already backed up my card, but when I restore the games, do I put them into the Sysnand "Nintendo 3ds" folder, or the embedded emunand folder?
3. I know that retail saves can get corrupted post downgrade, but what about newly created retail saves after the downgrade has already occurred?
4. Can I still use my DSTwo in conjunction with Gateway?

Thanks!

1. I normally make a nand backup and move it to the pc. Then I reenter in the gateway menu and backup it again- to be sure to have a good dump. Then I make the emunand and downgrade then. So yes you can do emunand before downgrade.

2. Dumps of games are on the root of the big SD and should be on the root of the microsd for gateway. So no sysnand or somewhere else.

3. The saves could be 'corrupted' as well, as they have not the size of 512 or the game it self has/expect the higher encryption

4. Yes of cause. After playing do games you need to install the ds profile hack again, but you can still use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse