Hacking Gateway Downgrade Help

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sysNand is currently on 6.0.0-12U and I am trying to downgrade with the Gateway Downgrade function. I already backed up my nand on my computer and the nand.bin is also on the sd card. I have launcher.dat and the US gateway.dg (Which has the correct MD5) on my sd card also. When I go to go.gateway-3ds.com and choose downgrade your 3ds, it says, "Detected Region: USA Sorry, downgrading is not yet supported for your console." Does anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong? Or is firmware 6.0 not downgradable?

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway 3ds and I don't wanna have to use the internet exploit all the time. 4.1-4.5 would be much more convenient.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you set up Luma3DS, you can set up menuhax and you don't have to rely on the internet to launch into an emuNAND.

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you set up Luma3DS, you can set up menuhax and you don't have to rely on the internet to launch into an emuNAND.
I'm not completely sure, but isn't the process rather long? I was fine with my gateway and it would seem like a waste if I stopped using it. I'd rather try and get this working before I try and install a CFW.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not completely sure, but isn't the process rather long? I was fine with my gateway and it would seem like a waste if I stopped using it. I'd rather try and get this working before I try and install a CFW.
If you follow this guide, by the end of Part 3, you will have an emuNAND with menuhax set up. Since you're on 6.0.0-12, start by following this guide to update to 9.2.0-20, then go to Step 3 to setup your custom firmware.

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, I would like to see if I could get this problem solved because it would be a waste if I just threw away my gateway. I'm not sure what features Luma includes but the Gateway is 100% ok for me.

D

Deleted-379826

Don't worry about the length, focus on the profit. Also if you fully go through with that guide you will get the best hack that works along with gateway! And makes gateway the best that it can possibly be! Also if you are going to downgrade and don't want to listen then that is completely ok :) although you should use a homebrew called Plaisysupdater instead of gateways downgrader, there's is very unstable!

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what you do:
  1. Take your Gateway card out of your 3DS and put it in a bin or something; you won't be needing it ever again
  2. Go to the "9.2.0 upgrade" section of https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ and follow the steps exactly
  3. After you finish, follow the main part of the guide starting from "Part 1 - Homebrew"
  4. Have fun with your hacked 3DS and the freedom to play games for free without bringing an $80 card around!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can always use your Gateway for cartridge based exploits when you're doing the Plailect guide.
After that, you could sell it or keep it loaded with games.

I'd say ditch the flashcard and go with CIA installation.

D

Deleted-379826

Here's what you do:
  1. Take your Gateway card out of your 3DS and put it in a bin or something; you won't be needing it ever again
  2. Go to the "9.2.0 upgrade" section of https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ and follow the steps exactly
  3. After you finish, follow the main part of the guide starting from "Part 1 - Homebrew"
  4. Have fun with your hacked 3DS and the freedom to play games for free without bringing an $80 card around!
This^ except he doesn't want it to go to waste, so instead remove part 1 and instead add an extra part that enables you to use that hack along with gateway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can always use your Gateway for cartridge based exploits when you're doing the Plailect guide.

Yeah also this^ except I guess you don't want it to go to waste so discard this commend, it is your choice
Please don't confuse newcomers.
and also this^

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Before I do anything, is there anyone who will read my OP and help me fix the problem? If not, I will try the Plailect guide. Also, I'm not gonna do CIA cuz my SD card is only 8 GB

D

Deleted-379826

Before I do anything, is there anyone who will read my OP and help me fix the problem? If not, I will try the Plailect guide. Also, I'm not gonna do CIA cuz my SD card is only 8 GB
Use regular downgraders, like I said not gateways it is unstable and more liekly to brick!

Or just sell the Gateway card because it gives no benefits whatsoever and has the potential to break your console.
I would agree, but I respect that he doesn't want it to go to waste because he will not get full price back anyway

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is your Gateway SD? If you have a N3DS, can't you just use the bigger Gateway SD in your 3DS? (If you have an O3DS you can use an adapter, but it'll be slower.)

CH1CK3NMAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is your Gateway SD? If you have a N3DS, can't you just use the bigger Gateway SD in your 3DS? (If you have an O3DS you can use an adapter, but it'll be slower.)
I got a 2DS so that counts as a O3DS right? And I currently do not have an adapter

D

Deleted-379826

Are the regular downgraders installed by .CIA?
THEY CAN BE installed as .cia . But no they are 3dsx (regular homebrew from the homebrew channel too) you can use your gateway to get an exploit game to have access to it! (you'll need to do this anyway if you choose the best option and go with plialects guide

I got a 2DS so that counts as a O3DS right? And I currently do not have an adapter
Yes counts as an o3ds! (and adapters are cheap)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment