Gateway: Do I need to reinstall the exploit after playing DS games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Maximoff, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Hi everyone. I have a New3DS 9.0 with Gateway. Today I tried to play DS games using a flashcard (R4) and it didn't work. Now I can't run 3DS games using my Gateway, the exploit doesn't load. Do I have to do all that process in order to work (Cubic Ninja etc etc etc)?

I saw at Gateway site something about Blue Card, is that possible reinstall with it witout using Cubic Ninja Game?

Thanks in advance!

2. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    Blue card is a DS flashcart bundled with Gateway, though any card will do so long as it works.
    Use the .nds version of the installer to reinstall the DS half of the exploit. If MSET worked before (so long as you didn't do a System Update or something) then you don't need to use Cubic Ninja again.

Maximoff likes this.
  3. mar789

mar789 Master Italian

Jul 18, 2011
    Canada
    MattKimura likes this.
  4. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    I downloaded the files, put in a microsd and but nothing happens when I go to DS profile!

5. pkmz

pkmz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Cause you have to run the .nds file

6. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Could you please be more especific? How can I do that?

7. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It runs on the blue card, you can also run cubic ninja or OOT and install nvram

8. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Thganks for reply!

When I try to run like a Blue Card (like a DS cart) I got error. I didn't have both games, the first time I made ran the exploit I used a Sky3DS (and I din't have it anymore!)

9. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Did you install the blue card fix?

Maximoff likes this.
  10. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Oh man, no, I didn't. So, that's the problem! So, all I have to do repet all the process and this time intall the fix too.

11. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Just boot into the GW menu and then hold B when booting emunand to be able to install the fix to the system nand. Alternatively you can order a DS cart that works on 8.1+

Maximoff likes this.
  12. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    Oh and just so it doesn't happen to you again; Try not to play DS games that have any kind of Tag/Wifi system in place, as that will cause the overwriting of the DS profile (happened to me a few times :S)

13. dkabot

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    A DS flashcard that can reinstall the NVRAM exploit is far cheaper than getting (back) a Sky3DS or Cubic Ninja, just to put that out there.

14. Maximoff
    OP

Maximoff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Brazil
    I agree, the problem is that when I ran the exploit the first time I didn't install the Blue Card fix so When I try to run I got erro message.

15. dkabot

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    Well, you don't need that CIA to run every DS flashcart. Perhaps what you have doesn't work, but an R4iSDHC 2015 is $10.

16. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I have a bunch of flash cards for $10 if you want one

17. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    You need to install bluecardfix in order to get the blue card to work at all (for the purpose of playing pirated DS games or DS homebrew).

If you want to be able to use the profile exploit, so you don't need Cubic Ninja, you also need to install mset.cia as well as bluecardfix. The mset.cia is a version of the profile from an older 3DS that has the profile exploit. Of course, you'll need to use the Cubic Ninja at least once to get these installed in the first place, but after that you'll no longer need it.

These two steps are once only.

Finally, to install the profile exploit, you put the .nds installer on the blue card and run that. This *may* need to be reinstalled after you play a DS game, although sometimes it seems to stick around.

18. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Just a head's up but this never made the profile exploit stick for me (personally). It would stick like one or two times but like the 3rd time I'd play a DS or DSi game and I'd have to reinstall it. It's weird.

19. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Uhm - i guess you dont have to reinstall the ds mset hack on new 3ds..
    at least i never had to do it.... but i cant test it since i just updated to 9.9
    but you can always buy a r4 (super cheap ... 4 € or something..) the original r4 can work on the latest version