Hacking Gateway-created emuNAND Compatible with A9LH?

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am following this Part 1-5 guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/
However, my situation does not line up with the A9LH setup guide.

My Old 3DS XL has sysNAND firmware 4.3.0-10U, and I'd have to upgrade to 9.2.0 using a newer Super Smash Bros. 3DS cartridge (I already dumped the cartridge, and checked its actual firmware with Crappy Tiny Reader; it is indeed 9.2.0.) So, the first question I have is; Will 9.2.0-10U (old browser version) be a working substitute for 9.2.0-20U?

The next problem is the Gateway-created emuNAND. The emuNAND has some important data that I definitely do want to keep. Would this emuNAND be compatible with the tools and be treated like a normal emuNAND? I have already extracted this emuNAND to a BIN file and would like to know if A9LH would work properly once this emuNAND is A9LH-modified and flashed to the sysNAND.

If necessary, please point out any issues that could arise, along with a solution (if any).

Thanks,
Andrew21

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunp your emunand with decrypt9. Once you install a9hl you can write it back to your sysnand.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Hello,
I am following this Part 1-5 guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/
However, my situation does not line up with the A9LH setup guide.

My Old 3DS XL has sysNAND firmware 4.3.0-10U, and I'd have to upgrade to 9.2.0 using a newer Super Smash Bros. 3DS cartridge (I already dumped the cartridge, and checked its actual firmware with Crappy Tiny Reader; it is indeed 9.2.0.) So, the first question I have is; Will 9.2.0-10U (old browser version) be a working substitute for 9.2.0-20U?

The next problem is the Gateway-created emuNAND. The emuNAND has some important data that I definitely do want to keep. Would this emuNAND be compatible with the tools and be treated like a normal emuNAND? I have already extracted this emuNAND to a BIN file and would like to know if A9LH would work properly once this emuNAND is A9LH-modified and flashed to the sysNAND.

If necessary, please point out any issues that could arise, along with a solution (if any).

Thanks,
Andrew21
Flashing GW EmuNAND to sysNAND seems like a bad idea.

Also, I think -10 is too old for browserhax, but I'm not sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd have to upgrade to 9.2.0 using a newer Super Smash Bros. 3DS cartridge

You don't have to use a cartridge to update. I updated from 4.3 to 9.2 using Sysupdater.cia from "Gateway SysNAND mode". You can ignore the "Don't run this in SysNAND Gateway mode or it will brick!" warning assuming you are running Gateway 4.0b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night