Hacking Gateway coming today, questions with the recent bans

MadCabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it appears that most of the info out is conjecture at this point, I'm taking it the safest way to use the gateway now is to downgrade my system from 9.2 to 4.2 so I can use the exploit without wifi and keep the wifi switch off at all times? And I take it using a private header from a game I have is recommended? From what I'm reading, this is a physical game, eshop downloads don't have them, do they?

MadCabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with my title? I'm not following. I was just looking for some clarification given the ban waves for safe use of the gateway.

Edit: nevermind, I see it now. If I could edit the topic, or delete and repost I would, but that doesn't seem possible.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I assume you want to downgrade your system to 4.x and not 9.2.

It's recommended to use a private header, yes.

E-shop downloads are all in CIA format which don't have a header, you can just simply download CIA's and use them too, but some people say they're easy to detect.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nothing to be sure that downgrading is safe. Try to choose the right downgrade package on gw website. Until now we are really don't know what's safe from banning. People are waiting for an update from gw that why your title lets us a heart attack.

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, quick question: can I use a private header from a different physical game?
Can I use the private header from my Star Fox 64 physical copy on Pokemon ORAS, for an example? Was anyone banned doing something like this?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can I use the private header from my Star Fox 64 physical copy on Pokemon ORAS, for an example? Was anyone banned doing something like this?

Yes you can. Try at your own risk.

MadCabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you want to downgrade your system to 4.x and not 9.2.

It's recommended to use a private header, yes.

E-shop downloads are all in CIA format which don't have a header, you can just simply download CIA's and use them too, but some people say they're easy to detect.

If I never go online and only use CIAs in emunand, is there any way for that to be tracked on the sysnand? I was wondering, if I did that, if the system would be safe once restored if I ever chose to resell it (or just format emunand first if I ever wanted to go online once more is known about all this). I'm not really interested in going online at the moment, though.

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yes you can. Try at your own risk.

Alright, so no ban reports so far... That's good.

I'll wait a couple months tho, I'm not in a rush to play any game online.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I never go online and only use CIAs in emunand, is there any way for that to be tracked on the sysnand? I was wondering, if I did that, if the system would be safe once restored if I ever chose to resell it (or just format emunand first if I ever wanted to go online once more is known about all this). I'm not really interested in going online at the moment, though.

If you never go online, you should be fine, however, even if you delete your CIA's if you ever go online without formatting emuNAND, there's a possibility that they may flag you, since you can't get rid of CIA traces unless you format.

If you uninstall CIA using bigbluemenu/bigredmenu/devmenu, the e-shop still detects that they were present on your system and will not offer you to pay for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.