Hacking Gateway coming soon to 9.3?

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although gateway say they wont have support for 9.3, i dont understand why because im pretty sure you can still run web based exploits (sciresM's pokegen exploit through the browser.) Also, although this is assumption im pretty sure new 3ds' in Europe will come with 9.3 pre installed, this is because why release it on a already exploited firmware by gateway. Thanks for the answers:lol:

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although gateway say they wont have support for 9.3, i dont understand why because im pretty sure you can still run web based exploits (sciresM's pokegen exploit through the browser.) Also, although this is assumption im pretty sure new 3ds' in Europe will come with 9.3 pre installed, this is because why release it on a already exploited firmware by gateway. Thanks for the answers:lol:

new 3ds in Europe would not have 9.3 pre-installed because 9.3 only had a lifespan of 4 days. Gateway supporting 9.3-9.4 is highly unlikely in the near future, don't hold out hope for that. Also the consoles are manufactured outside of Europe and America, so it's unlikely that the firmware would be different from the American release, since they have the same release date and were constrained to the same time frames.

So just assume they'll be 9.2 (since somebody apparently confirmed 9.2 for US). But as I said, don't expect too much.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Eh, EU consoles will very likely be 9.0 - 9.1. As they're basically AUS units in different packaging.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could buy a New3DS, but it'll be sort of like a paperweight until Gateway releases support of it.

Yeah and I see no point to buy the N3DS yet... Meh just have to wait and see I guess

I'm planning on enjoying smash bros and MM on the bigger screen with retail carts. Not exactly a paperweight unless you really need GW and have no carts. And now is the time to buy since these will have the lowest firmware available. Already confirmed that AU and J units are shipping with 9.4 after the first wave. A 9.2 may be very hard to come by in the future, and we know how long it takes GW to find new exploits to newer firmware.

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on enjoying smash bros and MM on the bigger screen with retail carts. Not exactly a paperweight unless you really need GW and have no carts. And now is the time to buy since these will have the lowest firmware available. Already confirmed that AU and J units are shipping with 9.4 after the first wave. A 9.2 may be very hard to come by in the future, and we know how long it takes GW to find new exploits to newer firmware.
A bigger screen isn't really a unique selling point as you could just get a cheaper 3ds xl unless you haven't already bought it...

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I already bought the Majora's Mask New3DS and Majora's Mask 3D game. I'm going to use that New3DS as my main 3DS to play with while the old 3DS will have Gateway/ninjhax to have some lovely homebrew and modified roms.

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already bought the Majora's Mask New3DS and Majora's Mask 3D game. I'm going to use that New3DS as my main 3DS to play with while the old 3DS will have Gateway/ninjhax to have some lovely homebrew and modified roms.
that mm new 3ds does look really nice might buy it just as my main was meaning to upgrade to xl anyways

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bigger screen isn't really a unique selling point as you could just get a cheaper 3ds xl unless you haven't already bought it...

Haven't bought it, I could never justify the price and love my OoT 3DS too much. But now with new hardware and super stable 3D it was an easy decision. And I hear super stable 3D is well worth the upgrade even if the screen hasn't been upgraded.

Same here, can't wait for the release. I'm afraid that super stable 3D will make me want GW support on the N3DS though, so I probably won't ever upgrade it even though I really want to use Amiibo sometime down the line.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, can't wait for the release. I'm afraid that super stable 3D will make me want GW support on the N3DS though, so I probably won't ever upgrade it even though I really want to use Amiibo sometime down the line.

Well, using 3D too much can still strain your eyes so I tend not to use 3D a lot. The few reasons why I'm getting a New3DS is so I can play games that are exclusively for it, extra functionality for games that only the New3DS can do (like Smash Bros. 3DS with the C-stick and amiibo support), faster download speeds, and... that's about it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"