Gaming Gateway Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for viewing this thread over one million times!

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, post them here if you have any. upload a txt file or post them directly.
I'll start adding redirects as they come in that way this will be easier to deal with and we have one single thread.
neatness will come in time.
Edit 10/06/2017: I'm never going to update this, almost 3,000 pages and 300,000 views. good lord people
anyways
I'm glad the title of this thread gets the attention it doesn't deserves.
Edit 07/20/2018: 670,000????
Edit 05/02/2019 over ONE MILLION VIEWS!
wow guys you are awesome.​

Last edited by blinkzane,

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
As well as uploading cheats for games, i think it's important to learn why these cheats released by the Gateway team have different offsets than the Spiderhax ARCODE cheats. the last 4 digits are at the correct offset, it's the first 4 that aren't the same (minus the first byte which is the variable size parameter.
?AAABBBB 00000063

All bytes at address BBBB are the same as ARCODE, so it would appear as though once we understand why these Gateway cheats start off at a lower offset we should be able to convert the cheats list we already have.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so question now is how to find out whether we can convert physical addresses into virtual addresses. If not easily, then we'll have to take a few dumps of the games which Gateway team have cheats for and see if we can relate that info to the Spiderhax codes which would mean that each game would need a memory dump to determine the start of the memory...

or wait until gateway team releases the cheat search facility.

Interesting that one of the cheats that the Gateway team put out was for : 00040000000EC300.txt which is for "The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (U)"
[Max Rupees]
D3000000 14000000
128b5fa8 0000270f

This offset "128b5fa8" matches what the cheat code already is for Max Rupees... That would mean that the addresses are physical addresses, or is it that it may be able to search for "physical" as well as "Logical" blocks?

Reactions: DarkFlare69

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so question now is how to find out whether we can convert physical addresses into virtual addresses. If not easily, then we'll have to take a few dumps of the games which Gateway team have cheats for and see if we can relate that info to the Spiderhax codes which would mean that each game would need a memory dump to determine the start of the memory...

or wait until gateway team releases the cheat search facility.

Interesting that one of the cheats that the Gateway team put out was for : 00040000000EC300.txt which is for "The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (U)"
[Max Rupees]
D3000000 14000000
128b5fa8 0000270f

This offset "128b5fa8" matches what the cheat code already is for Max Rupees... That would mean that the addresses are physical addresses, or is it that it may be able to search for "physical" as well as "Logical" blocks?
any ArCode less than x2C00000 should work, which there aren't so many , ALBW , NSMB2, Mario Land
for >x2C00000 ARCode, dump memory with NTR and compare values with your fcram memory dump
or wait for gw in game search update
Seriously, post them here if you have any. upload a txt file or post them directly.
I'll start adding redirects as they come in that way this will be easier to deal with and we have one single thread.
neatness will come in time.​

OP should start posting cheats that are in the cheats folder or hunt down some static address ARCodes in the cheat database website that have an starting address of less than x2C00000 (ALBW, NSMB2, MK7, Mario Land) and post them

Last edited by dsrules,

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any ArCode less than x3000000 should work, which there aren't so many , ALBW Paper Mario, NSMB2
for >x3000000 ARCode, dump memory with NTR and compare values with your fcram memory dump

OP should start posting cheats that are in the cheats folder or hunt down some static address ARCodes in the cheat database website that have an starting address of less than x3000000 (ALBW, Paper Mario, NSMB2, MK7, Mario Land) and post them
Have you tried these cheats with Gateway?

D

Deleted User

any ArCode less than x3000000 should work, which there aren't so many , ALBW Paper Mario, NSMB2
for >x3000000 ARCode, dump memory with NTR and compare values with your fcram memory dump

OP should start posting cheats that are in the cheats folder or hunt down some static address ARCodes in the cheat database website that have an starting address of less than x3000000 (ALBW, Paper Mario, NSMB2, MK7, Mario Land) and post them
Tried the arcodes for Paper Mario with the cheats, but they didn't work, do I need to do any sort of conversion, other then adding them to the list..?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'll have to port all my public codes to Gateway, then. Since we know that the value ends in BBBB, our ARCode address (and let's say we have 5 coins when dumping the RAM) could it be possible to use cheat engine to put a placeholder so it only displays addresses that end in BBBB and have the value of 00000005? So we don't have to dump it 3-4 times to limit it down?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried the arcodes for Paper Mario with the cheats, but they didn't work, do I need to do any sort of conversion, other then adding them to the list..?
just do it like the Zelda: ALBW cheats in the cheats folder

Looks like I'll have to port all my public codes to Gateway, then. Since we know that the value ends in BBBB, our ARCode address (and let's say we have 5 coins when dumping the RAM) could it be possible to use cheat engine to put a placeholder so it only displays addresses that end in BBBB and have the value of 00000005? So we don't have to dump it 3-4 times to limit it down?
you only need to dump 1 time if you know the code is in which memory region, then copy some values near the fcram address and search it on the ntr memory dump, hopefully will find a match

Last edited by dsrules,
Reactions: Deleted User

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just do it like the Zelda: ALBW cheats in the cheats folder
Since we know that the value ends in BBBB, our ARCode address (and let's say we have 5 coins when dumping the RAM) could it be possible to use cheat engine to put a placeholder so it only displays addresses that end in BBBB and have the value of 00000005? So we don't have to dump it 3-4 times to limit it down?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Since we know that the value ends in BBBB, our ARCode address (and let's say we have 5 coins when dumping the RAM) could it be possible to use cheat engine to put a placeholder so it only displays addresses that end in BBBB and have the value of 00000005? So we don't have to dump it 3-4 times to limit it down?
I never used cheatengine to search cheats, so not sure about that part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1