Hacking Gateway cheat support coming? Is this something we knew about already?

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway support said:
g63yDqj.png

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to honestly say, I hope Gateway makes it so that cheats cannot be used on a .3dz So much of online play can be ruined by cheats.

That lock would be too restricting for users as most of us run games using the .3dz file format exclusively. It would be smarter to disable the built-in cheat engine if Gateway detects a large quantity of incoming/outgoing traffic which obviously means you are using some sort of online connectivity.

Reactions: Hiccup and Margen67

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be disabled during online play if we don't want a repeat of what occurred on Wii with Mario Kart and SSB...
Yea the easiest way would be to disable it on .3dz games and not allow it at all on .cia's therefore you could cheat to your hearts content on .3ds games but if you changes those games to .3dz to allow online then the cheats would break and now work online.

That lock would be too restricting for users as most of us run games using the .3dz file format exclusively. It would be smarter to disable the built-in cheat engine if Gateway detects a large quantity of incoming/outgoing traffic which obviously means you are using some sort of online connectivity.
Honestly no because it isnt hard at all to change a .3dz to a .3ds (literally just rename) and the header doesnt get affected, it just doesnt get used.

Reactions: MrJason005

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ew. Who wants cheats, even in single player. Ruins the whole point of games. Hope this doesn't happen at all.

I completely agree with you. Even though it is tempting for some games, it completely ruins the fun once you give into the temptations.

Reactions: tofast4u

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the easiest way would be to disable it on .3dz games and not allow it at all on .cia's therefore you could cheat to your hearts content on .3ds games but if you changes those games to .3dz to allow online then the cheats would break and now work online.

Honestly no because it isnt hard at all to change a .3dz to a .3ds (literally just rename) and the header doesnt get affected, it just doesnt get used.

You're right, hopefully Gateway does come up with a solution to disable this during online play.

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Or like what they did with MH4G cheat. You need to uninstall the update do use it. So you can't go online in any way.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

You're right, hopefully Gateway does come up with a solution to disable this during online play.

Don't saves get messed up as well?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ew. Who wants cheats, even in single player. Ruins the whole point of games. Hope this doesn't happen at all.
It depends what the cheat does.
How does a cheat to give me 0.5x XP hurt anyone?
Or a cheat to change the background music in one area to that of another?
Or a cheat to change my player model to an NPC.

Not all cheats/codes are 'auto win' cheats, surely you know that lol.

I am glad GW will not listen to you and continue to improve cheat support :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
personally i like all the moon jump and accessing areas in the wrong order and all that ridiculously pointlessly stupid stuff.....does it ruin my game?....no,
can it actually make an otherwise finished game fun for another play through? certainly,

cheats doesn't always mean taking the fun out of a game, some games do that themselves, and cheats can remedy it........yeah cheats can also be used for bad things, but what cant?

personally the easiest way for them to limit it to offline is to simply disable wifi if you activate any cheats, limiting it to .3ds only would mean having to either start fresh with a new save, or switching between saves when you want to use them or not, which doesn't sound like a good idea

truth is people can already cheat by modifying game files, its nintendo's role to try stop this happening, sure gateway could help by disabling wifi for these kinds of cheats (although for all we know they may mean save hacks, which doesn't really ruin online, unless the game/server is poorly designed to prevent such things effecting online play....we all know gateway is king of somewhat vague wording)

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't saves get messed up as well?
I dont think so because you arent using a different header. I can give it a try tonight. I play most of my games in .3ds format and ill make a backup of my saves and then switch a few of them to .3dz and see it that messes up my saves. I assume it wont because the header doesn't change, i assume its just because Gateway doesnt use the header in .3ds files.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I dont think so because you arent using a different header. I can give it a try tonight. I play most of my games in .3ds format and ill make a backup of my saves and then switch a few of them to .3dz and see it that messes up my saves. I assume it wont because the header doesn't change, i assume its just because Gateway doesnt use the header in .3ds files.
yeah you cant use a .3ds save on .3dz or the other way around, basically as .3ds gateway ignores the header and just uses whatever value it uses by default (probably nothing)....so if you rename a .3dz save to .3ds the save will be unreadable as its not using the header data which the save is tied to, but as i said probably the easiest way to prevent online cheating is to just disable the wifi when using cheats

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i like all the moon jump and accessing areas in the wrong order and all that ridiculously pointlessly stupid stuff.....does it ruin my game?....no,
can it actually make an otherwise finished game fun for another play through? certainly,

cheats doesn't always mean taking the fun out of a game, some games do that themselves, and cheats can remedy it........yeah cheats can also be used for bad things, but what cant?

personally the easiest way for them to limit it to offline is to simply disable wifi if you activate any cheats, limiting it to .3ds only would mean having to either start fresh with a new save, or switching between saves when you want to use them or not, which doesn't sound like a good idea

truth is people can already cheat by modifying game files, its nintendo's role to try stop this happening, sure gateway could help by disabling wifi for these kinds of cheats (although for all we know they may mean save hacks, which doesn't really ruin online, unless the game/server is poorly designed to prevent such things effecting online play....we all know gateway is king of somewhat vague wording)

Certain cheat codes can make the game harder as well, by disabling certain features of the game, limiting health, taking longer to kill a boss (LOL)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality