Gateway cartridge save -> ? -> Inject via Savedatafiler

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chango, Jul 24, 2015.

1. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    Hello,

I started a game of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on my American old 3DS on my Gateway 3DS cartridge.

Now I play on a EUR New 3DS installed via CIA.

I am looking how to convert my Gateway save game to the format that is injectable via savedatafiler for the install I am running.

I've read the save mega guide but it didn't seem to mention this specific path.

Can anybody help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire saves to the cartridge if memory serves, so you should be able to load the game via Gateway on your old 3DS and extract the save via SaveDataFiler directly. After that, just copy the filer folder over to your N3DS and import it. I think since the Pokemon games are region free CIAs, you should be able to import it without issue despite the region difference, but I might be wrong there. No harm in trying ^^"

Zidapi likes this.
  3. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    Alpha Sapphire does indeed save directly to the cartridge, but the Gateway does NOT save into the ROM.

The region of the Pokemon CIA I have is the same as the real Pokemon cartridge I used so the difference between game regions isn't what I was concerned about, more so that the game uses the cheat detection and importing savegames between region consoles I thought might be a problem...

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    install SDF as cia, load up pokemon rom from gateway menu, start the SDF from the home screen while pokemon is showing on the homescreen on the cart slot and extract the save

Zidapi likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It does save to the ROM.
    The post above mine explains the correct way to do it.

6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    As others have mentioned, it does indeed save to the ROM.

As for the anti-savegame restore feature, you only need to press X & R to delete the secure value before importing the save to your installed game.