Hacking Gateway Bluecard to run ds apps

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On my DS Lite I had the R4 cart setup to read .cbr(comic files) and .epub(book files). The app allowed for you to hold the DS Lite with one hand and read from two screens like two pages from a book.
I have found a ereader app for the 3ds that I have setup via .cia file install, however the format compatibility is shit, and half of the epubs break. Also you can only read it with both screens displaying half of the same page which is a pain.

So my dilema is this. Should I downgrade my sys nand to 4.5 so I cant run my old DS reader from the gateway bluecard. I have never seen anyone run a ds app from the bluecard.
-does the screen get cropped down to old DS Lite resolution.
-can the blucard even run old DS Lite homebrew?

The downgrade would also be nice because of the easier exploit for gateway mode.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You don't need to downgrade your whole firmware.

Just install bluecardfix.cia in sysnand and it will work...

this is pretty sweet, will this also work on og3ds ? i know that i have the bluecardfix cia installed on my n3ds and my n3ds is on 9.0 i guess that fix is why it works xD or i must have it sticked or something.. yes i have it sticked with a simple method .

hmmm but since i am using autoboot on my og3ds i wonder if it will mess with my autoboot if i install the bluecardfix cia on my og3ds.
you think its fine to do ? (is the blue card fix basically to let you run it even on 9.0? )

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*You can install it in your o3DS too.

*It won't mess up your autoboot.

*You can install it to both sysnand and emunand if you want to use it in emunand (rxTools only, not Gateway).

*Any firmware can use bluecardfix.cia

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
*You can install it in your o3DS too.

*It won't mess up your autoboot.

*You can install it to both sysnand and emunand if you want to use it in emunand (rxTools only, not Gateway).

*Any firmware can use bluecardfix.cia

i didnt know about that man, i just now read your posts on another thread regarding this!

so frikkin sweet ! now i have the blue gw card on both my og and n3ds in both sys/emunand using rx so cool! thanks my friend :)

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I have been trying to install the bluecardfix.cia that comes with the gateway package. I go into emunand then launch devmenu and click to import but it fails. Any reason why?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have been trying to install the bluecardfix.cia that comes with the gateway package. I go into emunand then launch devmenu and click to import but it fails. Any reason why?
You're supposed to install it to Sysnand, boot Gateway Sysnand mode.

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying with the devmenu.cia app. The error code was "This is not a valid file". I'am going to try the .3ds devmenu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay that did it

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I still get a launch error. Do i need to use the red card to launch into sys nand then put the red card in? or restart then turn on the 3ds with the bluecard in?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I still get a launch error. Do i need to use the red card to launch into sys nand then put the red card in? or restart then turn on the 3ds with the bluecard in?
Like can you be more specific than launch error? The only things I can think of is a. You don't know how to boot Gateway sysnand mode and you installed the bluecardfix to Emunand or b. the blue card is faulty or c. the msd in your blue card is fake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the blue card sd formatted in fat32?

oxitran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant give you the exact error code as its a japanese system. But when I launch the bluecard the screen goes black then gives me a error code after like 5 seconds.
When I installed it I held the L shoulder button when gateway launched. I then clicked boot gateway mode and held down the B button while it booted. I think that was sys nand not emu.
The bluecard could be a piece of shit fake, anyway to check? I know that most cards have a marker to tell fakes.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant give you the exact error code as its a japanese system. But when I launch the bluecard the screen goes black then gives me a error code after like 5 seconds.
When I installed it I held the L shoulder button when gateway launched. I then clicked boot gateway mode and held down the B button while it booted. I think that was sys nand not emu.
The bluecard could be a piece of shit fake, anyway to check? I know that most cards have a marker to tell fakes.
To boot Gateway Sysnand mode enter the Gateway menu hold only B while over boot Gateway mode it should now say boot Gateway Sysnand mode then click the A button while holding B then press X to continue when asked. Re install the blue card fix with DevMenu.3DS from the red card, shutdown, turn on the 3DS, pop the blue card in, and play it.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Failanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Ive been using Gateway since the time it was the only option but havnt played in many years. I have a base 4.5.0 3ds XL, as far as i remember i could just pop the blue card in and it would work, i must have doen something when i last used my 3ds few years ago but my Gateway Red card emunand is on version 11.6 EU Is this a reason my bluecard has stopped working? Im trying to play NDS roms on my 3ds. I have read about pressing B to enter system whic his new and like a merged version of original system and emunand? I have the bluecard fix on my SD card but cant seem to install it. And I dont have DevMenu.3DS i cant seem to find it, the website is down. Any help please.

sorry to bump an old post, ive been goign through a few and they all seem old

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16