Gateway Blue Card error on A9LH+Luma on N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Atlantisse, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Please help with my gateway blue card,
    I'm trying to play DS games but it keeps showing the message:
    "An error has occurred.
    press and hold the power button to turn the system off.
    please refer to the operations manual for details."

I've been trying a lot of things like:
    Installing the clean system title package
    as per https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-get-an-auto-shutdown-with-gbadsdsiware-games,
    Installing these https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken
    and of course installing bluecardfix.cia

I've reformatted(FAT32) and tested the sd card using h2testw. I'm pretty much at my wits end with this one, help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jupitteer

jupitteer byErman™

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Not familiar with gateway, but could you try updating the firmware of the blue card?

3. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    I tried looking into it but it seems that gateway doesn't have any updates. The thing is, I used to be able to play games on it. I probably installed something(that I can't remember) a few months back that messed it up.

Either way, installing the clean titles *should* have fixed it

Last edited by Atlantisse, Apr 3, 2017
  4. jupitteer

jupitteer byErman™

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Gateway strikes again! Try installing bluecardfix or whatever came with your gateway again, then using a flashcart launcher like twloader.

5. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Thank you for that, just tried it but it didn't work. TWLoader saw the .nds file but when it tried to load, it gave off the same "An error has occurred." message.

6. telon22

telon22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2014
    India
    Last edited by telon22, Apr 3, 2017
  7. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Yup. already did that. Just for the heck of it, I did it again. Both with the latest normal and the latest hourly. still nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

8. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Bumping for hope

9. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Last bump

10. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    are you sure you are using the right files inside your microSD for the NDS blue gateway card?

do you or a friend have an original DS which you can test the blue gateway card with to make sure its not the hardwares problem?

Last edited by Flame, Apr 3, 2017
  11. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    i'm sorry to be "That Guy" but if all else fails, you can use freeshop, and jksm for any saves you have

12. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    i'm sorry to be "That Guy" but this blue cart is for DS not 3DS

Last edited by Flame, Apr 3, 2017
    PabloMK7, CrispyCola and Quantumcat like this.
  13. MartyDreamy

MartyDreamy Smooches

Jul 1, 2015
    Italy
    ZagToon Studios
    FAIL :tpi:

14. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    yup, Files are straight from their website. As previously mentioned, the card used to work. I tried asking around but my friends are more big console people rather than handheld.

15. Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2014
    Australia
    Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
    I have a Gateway Blue Card, and it certainly never worked with my Nintendo 3DS when I used it, so I had to go and buy an R4i Gold flash card instead, which worked.

Most Gateway Blue Cards won't work with Nintendo 3DS, since the card uses data that is deemed invalid by the Nintendo 3DS NATIVE_FIRM's anti-piracy code. It checks for a valid signature, a valid ID, as well as a Game ID that is in the Nintendo DS Game Card whitelist.

Unfortunately, most Gateway Blue Cards don't have the up-to-date code in it's flash memory chip that exploits the DS Game Card whitelist. So if it doesn't work on Nintendo 3DS, it won't work on Nintendo DSi either, and will result in the same error on a Nintendo DSi.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario, Apr 4, 2017
  16. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Tried?

Part 2: Preparing the Gateway Blue card for use
    http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/
    • Insert your micro SD card for the blue card into your computer. Make sure the card is formatted to FAT32.
    • Unzip it and inside you'll find a folder called "Blue Card (R4i). Copy the "_rpg" folder and the _DSMENU.dat over to the SD card for your Blue Card. You don't need the others.
    • Copy any .nds file you'd like to the root of the SD card. (Or create a folder called "games", whatever you like.
    • Put the SD card in your Gateway Blue card and insert it into your 3DS.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/can-we-u...lay-ds-game-in-a9lh-luma.433340/#post-7113960

17. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    You guys do know that Nintendo blocked the blue gateway card with update 6.x? @op downgrade your ds whitelist and you should be good to go!

18. Preem

Preem Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Eternal Realm
    @OP - I fortunately came across a thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4xa1p8/guide_got_an_old_gateway_use_the_blue_card_for/) that allowed me to update the card to the Acekard Wood 1.62 that functions on the Gateway Blue Card. So far I have been able to launch it on my N3DS AL9H+Luma on 11.3 firmware. Make sure the files are on the root of your SD card. I'm currently using a generic 16GB card on 32KB cluster. Very simple process though I will admit that the blue card needs to be inserted a few times in order for it to be read properly. Once it's running I've been able to play those good oldie DS games that I miss :)

19. Atlantisse
    OP

Atlantisse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2015
    Mine used to work, I believe the whitelist is what the bluecardfix.cia is for.

Yup, did all those. still nada.

Already did that by using bluecardfix.cia and Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia

Tried it too. It already detects the card as "Deep Labyrinth" but when I run it, I still get the error.

I'm about to lose hope on this, but thank you all for trying to help.

20. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Did you remove//uninstall the bluecardfix.cia?

Have you tried using an actual DS cartridge//game?