Hacking Gateway Blue Card Error (N3DS)

Lazarus1740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

So, I have the Gateway 3DS and I have an N3DS running firmware 9.0.0. I've copied the files for the blue card to its microSD and run it in the N3DS, and I see the Labyrinth game icon. However, on selecting that icon, I get an "An error occurred" error and I have to press and hold the on/off button.

Does the blue card work with the N3DS at all? If so, what do I need to do to make that happen? I'd really like to play some DS games on this thing :)

Thanks,
Lee

Lazarus1740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I booted into GW mode without emunand, but putting the blue card in and running it causes the screens to go black and then nothing happens. What is this Flash Cart Timewarp? Is it something I put on the blue card? The red card? I'm lost :S

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Okay, I booted into GW mode without emunand, but putting the blue card in and running it causes the screens to go black and then nothing happens. What is this Flash Cart Timewarp? Is it something I put on the blue card? The red card? I'm lost :S
he posted the link to it....click the link, generate the cia file, install the cia file to sysnand, reboot and the blue card will work in sysnand

you can put your SD card with emunand back in after you have installed the cia file

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a CIA you download via 3DNUS (follow the post I linked you to) and then install. Once you have it, put it on your New3DS' mSD card (the one that goes in the console), not the blue card, and use devmenu/bigbluemenu/bigredmenu (in other words, a CIA installer) to install it. The blue card should work after that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you. I guess I'll have to wait til I can get access to a Windows machine (I use a Mac) :S
there is a premade cia around on more nefarious sites, but its not something that can be shared on gbatemp which is why the DIY guide is here......look in the usual sites for a thread with the exact same name as this one......you could probably even google it ;)

digitalkid56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I guess I'll have to wait til I can get access to a Windows machine (I use a Mac) :S

let me know if you need any help.. I'm currently following this thread/method as we speak (as I too had no idea what the blue card was for, or how to get it working)

** I'm on a mac with windows 10 via parallels

Reactions: TheCasketMan

Lazarus1740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Okay, so it worked. I downloaded the cia by running 3DNUS under Wine. I then followed the steps and everything worked great :-)

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo