Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it was (or will be) possible to upload Pokemon to the bank when using the Gateway blue card and White/Black ROMs? Where does the Pokemon Bank read your save/Pokemon data from?

Finished Pokemon X and I'm wondering whether or not it's worth playing through one of the earlier games (legit) in order to fill out more of my Pokedex once Bank arrives.

Probably worth noting that I do have emuNAND 7.1.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering if it's possible to change the game that is shown on the menu (Labyrinth something) for Pokemon Black/White in order to fool the app.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the save still wouldn't be accessible as it loaded on the fly from the card when playing pokemon...you could transfer pokemon to a retail cart then send them on from there...but i don't think using the blue card will be technically possible

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well is your 3DS OFW on 4.1-4.5 I may have another idea (though a pain) get yourself a 3DS compatable AR DSi (they quit making updates at 6.1x) use it on your ofw then when done boot into emuNAND Pokebank your pokemon (though I'd stick to Item codes and after EXP modifier codes seeing that their 99% untraciable by nintendo and "should" pass their online checks

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well is your 3DS OFW on 4.1-4.5 I may have another idea (though a pain) get yourself a 3DS compatable AR DSi (they quit making updates at 6.1x) use it on your ofw then when done boot into emuNAND Pokebank your pokemon (though I'd stick to Item codes and after EXP modifier codes seeing that their 99% untraciable by nintendo and "should" pass their online checks
Like this one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Action-Replay-3DS-DSi-DS-Lite-DS-Nintendo-3DS/22254553

How does that work exactly? Does the .sav file copy over to that cartridge? And emuNAND reads it as Pokemon Black/White?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Like this one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Action-Replay-3DS-DSi-DS-Lite-DS-Nintendo-3DS/22254553

How does that work exactly? Does the .sav file copy over to that cartridge? And emuNAND reads it as Pokemon Black/White?

I don't see how any of that works.

1. AR DSi not compatible with 3DS games (or flashcarts. Heck, flashcarts have their own AR function)
2. His issue is not that he does not have a Retail Cart of BW/B2W2. He can't Pokebank across without a Retail Carts for BW/B2W2 AND XY.
3. (Strictly for the record) Pokebank does not carry over items held by Pokemon.

EDIT:

As of present, Pokebank requires minimally a Retail Gen V cartridge.
Why minimally, because for Gen VI, it's either Retail Gen VI or E-shop Digital Copy.

There is a chance that XY running off Gateway can work (depends on how their Multirom software works),
But you need Legit Gen V Cartridge.

This issue has been around for all Pokemon transfers, that the previous Generation needed to be retail cart.

The only workaround is because some kind of Save Hacking or Network Spoofing was done,
but we have neither functioning at this point.

PS: I bought Black 2 upon the release of XY information, as I saw this coming..

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think he means to cheat and get some powerful pokemon on a legit card.....but if you have a legit card and another DS you can just transfer pokemon that have been made with pokegen on the blue card .sav over to the retail cart then to pokebank from there

the moral is its not possible without a genuine card to either cheat on, or cheat on the blue card then transfer to the genuine card before transferring to pokebank

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how any of that works.

1. AR DSi not compatible with 3DS games (or flashcarts. Heck, flashcarts have their own AR function)
2. His issue is not that he does not have a Retail Cart of BW/B2W2. He can't Pokebank across without a Retail Carts for BW/B2W2 AND XY.
3. (Strictly for the record) Pokebank does not carry over items held by Pokemon.

EDIT:

As of present, Pokebank requires minimally a Retail Gen V cartridge.
Why minimally, because for Gen VI, it's either Retail Gen VI or E-shop Digital Copy.

There is a chance that XY running off Gateway can work (depends on how their Multirom software works),
But you need Legit Gen V Cartridge.

This issue has been around for all Pokemon transfers, that the previous Generation needed to be retail cart.

The only workaround is because some kind of Save Hacking or Network Spoofing was done,
but we have neither functioning at this point.

PS: I bought Black 2 upon the release of XY information, as I saw this coming..
Okay, that's for clearing that up. I have a retail cartridge for Pokemon X already. I do not have a retail cartridge for B/W.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i think he means to cheat and get some powerful pokemon on a legit card.....but if you have a legit card and another DS you can just transfer pokemon that have been made with pokegen on the blue card .sav over to the retail cart then to pokebank from there

the moral is its not possible without a genuine card to either cheat on, or cheat on the blue card then transfer to the genuine card before transferring to pokebank

I don't think whether being able to cheat was part of Xzi's original statement,
but rather how to Pokebank with his flashcart.

Well, that goes back to the problem of him not having a Retail Cart.

Okay, that's for clearing that up. I have a retail cartridge for Pokemon X already. I do not have a retail cartridge for B/W.

My advise(s):

1. Get a Retail Cart for Gen V
2. Get a R4i Dongle

Retail Cart for Gen V is for Poketransfer.

As gamesquest1 mentioned, you can keep trading from your flashcart to Retail cart BW/B2W2, but that takes time.

With R4i dongle, you can use it to transfer the entire save. (saves time, compared to trading).

Of course, there are alternatives to R4i dongle, but the alternatives have been on and off for me.
(Alternatives: DS save manager, FTP, Savsender etc)

Cheers~

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My advise(s):

1. Get a Retail Cart for Gen V
2. Get a R4i Dongle

Retail Cart for Gen V is for Poketransfer.

As gamesquest1 mentioned, you can keep trading from your flashcart to Retail cart BW/B2W2, but that takes time.

With R4i dongle, you can use it to transfer the entire save. (saves time, compared to trading).

Of course, there are alternatives to R4i dongle, but the alternatives have been on and off for me.
(Alternatives: DS save manager, FTP, Savsender etc)

Cheers~
Sounds good. I mostly just want to fill out more of my Gen 6 Pokedex with the Gen 5 pokemon, although I probably do want to use pokegen to create my initial team a bit ahead of the curve (just to make my run through gen 5 quicker and with the Pokemon I like). Seems like Black/White are pretty fun, but it's still not going to be as enjoyable after playing through Pokemon X, which was excellent through and through.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well,
you can still run the game on your flashcart and play!
and as gamesquest1 said, you can always trade, the free and costless way.

To combine my idea with gamesquest1's:

1. Find a friend with retail BW/B2W2
2. Play through the game on your flashcart, build your team etc.
3. Trade him the Pokemon you want transferred
4. Either the transfer for you (then he/she trades it to your XY) OR you borrow the cart and transfer it yourself.
5. Success!

---

Yeah, XY killed off previous generations for me.
The graphics are so plain now. T.T

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, at this point, it's not possible to Pokebank without a Gen V retail cart.

Who knows, maybe Pokecheck will finally make progress and you can shift. But don't pin hopes on it XD
As an aside: do you know if any of these retailers from ShopTemp actually ship from within the US?

http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Save-Dongle-R4i-SaveDongle-backup{47}restore-3DS{47}DSi{47}DS-game-save-data.html?sort=rating#wtb

EDIT: I guess you wouldn't, being from a different country. :P

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all