Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello! recently i've been playing some smash on my gateway aaaaaand i've already had the game crashes a few times, there have been some times where the gateway didn't boot up correctly but other than that i never had this sort of problem until now, should i worry? i did a diagnostic in the gateway menu and only got OK

oh also i wanted to ask, if i want to play online what do i need to do exactly? i remember someone mentioning getting private headers so that nintendo doesn't ban you but could someone be more specific about this?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, there are two ways to avoid getting a ban. One is basically where you install .cia of the game and since .cia versions don't require any headers, it uses the console's own ID/header.

Two is where you buy a cheap game, dump it's header using Gateway, and then insert that "private" header into a .3DS rom and use that to go online. You can literally use the same private header in mulitple .3DS roms because you'll be the only one online with that particular header, hence it's called private :)

About the crashes, I have no idea. I've played quite a few games on my N3DS XL using Gateway and haven't had any crashes. Although I haven't played Smash yet.

Edit: If you have Cubic Ninja, you can basically dump it's header and use it for your .3DS roms and go online with that and you should be safe :)

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i do have cubic ninja but i have no idea how to get it's header or how to insert it into other roms, is there a guide?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i do have cubic ninja but i have no idea how to get it's header or how to insert it into other roms, is there a guide?

Boot into the gateway menu with Cubic Ninja inserted.
Use option Backup 3DS Game Cartridge
This will take awhile & save the rip of your game to the internal sd
Download: Gateway Rom Patcher V1.1
Launch rom patcher & select your .3ds file of cubic ninja you backed up.
Make sure rename rom to .3dz is checked
Select Export Header to File & save to wherever you want.
Load whatever rom you want to go online with & Import Header from file, selecting what you just exported.
Click apply and yes to whatever pops up, it'll automatically adjust for the correct chip & manufacturer.

Place your now .3dz file onto your gateway card & you're good to go with your private header.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
allright thanks guy, what about the time gateway fail to boot up or these 2 times when smash 4 crashed? i had one when the game was loading and another one happened when i left the 3DS in sleep mode and when i returned the game was all like "AN ERROR HAPPENED SO I'M NOW GOING TO SHUT MYSELF DOWN"

should i worry and is there anything i can do about it?

D

Deleted-355425

mine does the same when booting into the 3ds menus from gateways menu, think its sometimes hit and miss

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
mine does the same when booting into the 3ds menus from gateways menu, think its sometimes hit and miss

Even mine does the same sometimes. I'll encounter a black screen while booting Gateway mode. All I can do in that case is keep pressing the power button to do a hard shutdown and redo the process.

I guess may be the MicroSD card gets dislodged or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse