themesser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi all,
so I successfully modded my 3dsll to A9HL following the Gateway guide.
Now it works well, except I can not run DS games using my blue card, like I use to do previously.
I tried reinstalling the bluecardfix.cia using FBI, did not change a thing, it still shows a black screen.
also tried to remove it using cia from this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-blue-card-on-luma3ds-a9lh.439605/

Is there a way to run the blue card without having to go through the many steps (again!!!) to install luma3ds ?
thanks guys!

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so I successfully modded my 3dsll to A9HL following the Gateway guide.
Now it works well, except I can not run DS games using my blue card, like I use to do previously.
I tried reinstalling the bluecardfix.cia using FBI, did not change a thing, it still shows a black screen.
also tried to remove it using cia from this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-blue-card-on-luma3ds-a9lh.439605/

Is there a way to run the blue card without having to go through the many steps (again!!!) to install luma3ds ?
thanks guys!
You used the gateway A9LH?!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Raylight

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DS Mode is broken with gateway a9lh. Nothing you can do about it. You need to load a different cfw and in your case it's only possible if you remove GW a9lh with restoring a nand backup before you installed this and follow to the guide from one of the links above.

No backup? Tough luck then.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: themesser

themesser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
thanks all,
I hoped I did not have to redo everything! yes I have a backup but it is so painfull process.
Anyways, no other options then, cheers all

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean my original nand dump ? yes

An OTP is NOT a nand dump. It is a 256 byte file that your console needs to install A9LH, because it allows you to bypass console specific encryption. To obtain it, you have to be on a firmware below, and not including, 3.0. Do NOT simply downgrade to 2.1 however, this can cause more harm than good if done without anything else.

When following your guide, did you ever go to 2.1? I remember something about a gateway time machine that supposedly made you do this.

themesser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
yes time machine does this but it did not output any otp.bin file. Should I reinstall my original nand using the gateway system menu ?

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's installed gateway's a9lh. Before doing so he should have his NAND backup, which he does, and his otp.bin should've been generated after downgrading to 2.1.

@themesser A file called OTP.bin should've been generated onto the root of your SD Card. Do you have this file?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes time machine does this but it did not output any otp.bin file. Should I reinstall my original nand using the gateway system menu ?

At what exact moment did you install A9LH? Did the guide tell you to go down to 2.1 and install it while on 2.1?

Edit: Nevermind, you got the OTP

In that case, I would advise you tentatively (wait for someone else to confirm though) to flash your original NAND dump in order to uninstall A9LH and then use the OTP file to install the community version on 9.2. Again, don't do this yet, I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject of gateway's A9LH.

Edit2: Also, make sure you have multiple backups of that OTP file.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

themesser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
exact, i was on 9.2.0.28J, asked me first to upgrade to 10.3 then downgrade to 2.1. Then from 2.1, I had to use the browser to start a9hl install

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exact, i was on 9.2.0.28J, asked me first to upgrade to 10.3 then downgrade to 2.1. Then from 2.1, I had to use the browser to start a9hl install

Ah, I see. In that case, I again would advise you tentatively to restore your 9.2 NAND and use Aurorawright's SafeA9LHInstaller to get yourself on the good version of A9LH. Again, please wait for someone to confirm.

Edit2: please, please, please, have multiple backups of that OTP file. Won't directly influence your install, bit it might be necessary in the future.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun