Hacking Gateway 9.2 New 3dsxl possible catridge dump?

Rezwan739

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the vast battle between compatibility of which card to pick i am preety much confused, next thing i know that i have spent $90 and i have a sky3ds in my pocket.

I bought a 3dsxl last month when the new 3dsxl just came out. Being a noob i am, i never knew if it was worth to buy the old one. So last week i got my sky3ds card for my old 3dsxl which was accidently updated to latest firmwire. Today out of curosity and not being able to tolerate the "statue like posture" at the old screen i have traded the old 3dsxl and got myself a New 3dsxl.

Now here is my question the main problem i face was the private header. I could never dream of playing online on my older DS due to firmware that doesnot support cartridge dump with gateway launcher.bat. But luckily the New 3dsxl came with firmware 9.2. Therebuy can i use gateway launcher to dump catridge on new 3dsxl? I donot have a 3ds game but a ds game called Kingdom hearts, can i use its header for online play? I have been literally looking for a private header for months now. And finally before i upgrade this new console is there something else i should be concerned i could have done while in this firmware. I hate to upgrade but ive already wasted my money on sky3ds. Pleeeeeeez help guys! Ty in advance.

dap1mp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have a single legit 3ds game? Just buy a cheap game and use the private header from that.
Besides all that, how will you get to the GW menu if you don't have a OoT 3D cartridge?

I doubt using a DS game would work, I think it has to be a 3DS game....

Rezwan739

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry my knowledge is extremely limited and i recently got into 3ds after i read some appealing topics in this forum. I believe if i can only open the gateway exploit on my 3ds everything would be fine. but that is the main problem, as they say "you do not need to have a gateway card to do the exploit" i am hoping not to drop another $90 on a gateway. You are right i should buy at least one 3ds game. ive been watching videos, reading forums but nothing seem to work. i i could kindy get proper direction of how to get launcher.dat i can give it another shot. Ty again for your reply.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need headers if you use CIAs, which are installed like eShop games. You will need OoT3D for N3DS usage though, but the Sky3DS can be used if you can't find a real cart.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't need the Gateway card to run the Gateway menu and therefore dump games with it. If you can get an exploited OoT 3D save to work with your Sky3DS, then a New 3DS should work just fine for dumping games. Just don't update past 9.2 if you intend on dumping more ROMs with it. And no, a regular DS game won't work for the private header concern: 3DS games use an entirely new header format and system. Buy a cheap game and dump it for its header, if you really need online play.

Rezwan739

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyvm guys for the reply, Ive just learned about the new OoT zelda save exploit. I'll give it a shot mounting OoT with sky3ds. will post the results soon.

Rezwan739

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up, shouldn't have traded in my old 3dsxl. Mounted two OoT and restored 2 saves with diskWriter nothing pops up. ill rather wait for a more stable release.

If any of you guys still have your old 3dsxl running gateway you can do this, thanks to the gentleman who made the video.

GoodLuck!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And make sure you have the 3.1 launcher on the internal SD. Spent about 20 minutes banging my head against the desk last night on my 3rd N3DS becuase I got sloppy. :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb