Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
What downsides are there to getting a Japanese n3DS? It would solely be for the Gateway, so not being able to play local games isn't an issue. What I'm worried about are patches for games, playing games locally and online with EUR consoles, etc.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I have the XL. The 3D is pretty much an instant hit. Its better than I thought it could be. Certain games are amazing now. Castlevania, DOA, Sonic games... The 3D is just dead on. The C-Stick is very nice. I play the demos and then compare on my 4.5 and I really long to move over to the new console.

thanks i'm going to order the standard one Very soon. :)

OriginalFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can still buy the N3DS to enjoy the already available 3DS games in much better 3D effect. as much as i love playing games in 3D i sometimes get headaches from it on the current 3DS & 3DS XL consoles (3DS XL more) this is why i'm seriously thinking about importing a pal N3DS (not XL as i found out i like them small better plus the N3DS is bigger at 4inch vs 3.5inch) but if i do i will still keep my old standard white 3DS. :)

Ah fair enough, I can't play with 3d on very well. I have a lack of depth perception which seems to prevent the effects from working well on me anyways.
Also being located in North America, I'd rather wait for the release here for a few reasons.

1. If gateway can't support emunand eventually it would seem that I'd be locked out of playing new releases.
2. I do purchase some games and don't want to have to import them.

the avenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is asked somewhere but if i get a japanese n3ds does it have an english menu option,would hate to pay all the extra shipping and customs etc.. when i have relatives coming from japan soon since they are both out of region

Ailan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is asked somewhere but if i get a japanese n3ds does it have an english menu option,would hate to pay all the extra shipping and customs etc.. when i have relatives coming from japan soon since they are both out of region
No they would not have english. Only the AUS has english.

Maybe we should discuss emunand possibilities. It looks like they have kernel access. Region-free is beyond the capabilities of the Sky3DS which only emulates real cartridges. Either way though, aren't early adopters more likely to be around if a future kernel exploit is found? And someone else pointed out that they already demonstrated CIA support, so where are they being installed, onto the sysnand? doubtful.

Reactions: Zidapi

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No they would not have english. Only the AUS has english.

Maybe we should discuss emunand possibilities. It looks like they have kernel access. Region-free is beyond the capabilities of the Sky3DS which only emulates real cartridges. Either way though, aren't early adopters more likely to be around if a future kernel exploit is found? And someone else pointed out that they already demonstrated CIA support, so where are they being installed, onto the sysnand? doubtful.

Doubtful but not off the table. I mean, they didn't show it in the video. Does it mean it does have no emunand? No. Does it mean there is one? No. Your guess is as good as mine/ours at that point. Even if they have no emunand at the moment I doubt that it will take them extremly long to get one. I mean, when will the new big games come out which will require 9.x/10.x? It is at least 4-6 months away since there are no big upcoming releases in the next few months so there is plenty of time to get emunand working if they really don't have one.

But if they install .cia on the sysnand at the moment, I'll stay miles aways from .cia files. Installing .cia files on the sysnand especially if it comes from an unknown source and you didn't do them yourselves is just insane. It can so easily mess up your system and then you can't do anything about it. Well, let's see once it is released if it will have emunand or not.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought myself a Japanese N3DS xl. Lets hope it ships with 9.0 or something. Its arriving this saturday, so even if it still ships with 8.x or something I can update it to 9.2 and let it be a paperweight until Gateway Releases the new firmware. Hopefully 9.2 is still the newest FW in japan.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, but im looking to buy a R4i Gold from YeahGeek.com

I was wondering if the newest 9.2 update blocked it since it says its only compatible with 9.0

I read on a resellers site that they are compatible and an update was just release, or was release, to make it compatible with 9.0+.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i just ordered the PAL N3DS the standard size & i also managed to sell the old XL. :)

i hope when i get it next week it will still be safe to update it.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Acekards crapped out summer 2013 and I bough a r4 and have not updated it since. Still works fine on 9.2. At least the kids have not complained about it. I suppose there could be some games that don't work but they both have full 8GB mSDHC cards. Lost count of the number of games.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
What downsides are there to getting a Japanese n3DS? It would solely be for the Gateway, so not being able to play local games isn't an issue. What I'm worried about are patches for games, playing games locally and online with EUR consoles, etc.

the updates can be remade as .cia and online only is checked if you have the necessary update for that game and the header is corrrect

yunneg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3ds just emulates an real cartridge, but this new gateway thingy is just completely different it seems, since youre able to use fancy things like multirom menu or also the dev menu. Taht rquires an Kernel Exploit. Thats completely different to sky3ds. Everyones asking about Emunand, it will be possible, il think. But theres no newer FW then 9.2, right? So why show emunand if its not needed instead waiting for when its needed and give the users the feeling that they still care about continuess support, thats marketing.

That is just what they said, one of my friend mount a game to sky3ds and put it to 3ds fw 1.0, and no thing happen, if that is a real cartridge, it's should ask to update fw right? and i dont know if sky3ds could run devmenu or not, any tries? My friend sold that sky3ds away so that i could check it myself but sky3ds could run cubicninja, then Sky 3ds support hombrew too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte