Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I might add be careful there are many fakes out there. I bought a Sandisk Ultra 32 GB from Amazon which I suspect is a fake now... (only about 20-27 MB Reading and about 20 MB Writing)
Download h2testw and test the SD card
Then Go to the SD association and download their formatting tool.
If the problem still persists, open up windows disk management and delete all partitions. Then create a new FAT32/exFAT partition for storage
If disk management did not work, Load up GPARTED on a Live CD and try to delete all partitions and create a new FAT32/exFAT partition like above.
If all fails, then you have a confirmed fake.
*EDIT* I thought you meant 27 MB storage, not read speed. Still, just run h2testw and confirm it.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why would you want less anyway? The price difference isn't that much either. I'm just as much wanting this damn release to happen myself. I still wouldn't just throw the GW because they keep putting off, even as frustrating as it is. Issue with the other cards is, there's no OSD so cycling through games will just get tiresome and I'm sure that button/switch will get jammed pretty quick.
If you worked for Bizarre Creations we need to have a chat. :)

I havent researched Sky3DS much but once you switch to a game, does it stay on that game even through power off? If thats the case, I dont see it much of a problem. If you spend 5 minutes witching to a game, then playing it for a month, then spending 5 minutes to switch, who cares?

Doubt the button would get jammed, most button mechanism (very cheap ones, we're talking about less than 1 cent a piece) are rated for 1 million clicks. In practice they last longer than that. If you click it once an hour it will last you 100+ years. Or if you do 100 clicks a day (in my opinion is way more than anyone would, since you probably dont play 3DS every day, and if you do you arent cycling 100 times every single day), that will last you around 30 years, way beyond the lifetime of 3DS.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
27MB/s read and 20MB/s write? Sounds about right, Romsstar. I think you might just be bottlenecked by your port rather than your card being fake... but I can't say, 'cause I don't have it here with me :P

Hmm maybe the hub is just no good then. Could be the port as well. I'l check that later, I had it lying around for weeks now and I just unpacked it today.
That would be a relief though. Amazon now estimates 1-2 months delivery for the cards. Seems they're sold out lol
Btw you have to update that sig.
The release is IMMINENT after all :D

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm maybe the hub is just no good then. Could be the port as well. I'l check that later, I had it lying around for weeks now and I just unpacked it today.
That would be a relief though. Amazon now estimates 1-2 months delivery for the cards. Seems they're sold out lol
As long as they are sold by Amazon and not a third party reseller having their shops listed ON Amazon, then you should be fine.
Also, cheap SD readers are a real issue. I have 2 cheap ones that flat out don't work. Perhaps you should try getting a kingston/lexar/transcend to use your cards.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

even with a good hub... its highly unrealistic that u can reach the peak speeds... -.-
assuming u r using the usb2 port of ur pc which is right connected on the mb... even the management chip (this case the southbridge obv.) would be limiting the output speed of the port itself.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even with a good hub... its highly unrealistic that u can reach the peak speeds... -.-
I was hoping for 40 MB read at least though. I mean if 48 is stated at max I thought I'd least get around 40. According to other speed tests it seemed realistic.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has this scaled from Gatewait to Gatewhy?

They never toold wich week, remember?
They have 18th as a deadline.

I got a collection of emails. Take what you want, but it took me some time to gather them all.
uploadfromtaptalk1420298716126-png.13630
181955nhihun1q1ttmuzqu.jpg
__2014-12-30T02-09-38.616Z.png
2KzZ1B1.png
OxBgWz0.jpg
1907363_1051649314861050_6193072701058898665_n.jpg
image-jpg.13603
1PDNbYg.png
f6842af8d6a624d20c286cdaddc75ddb.jpg
Gat.jpg
iTROSvRk704Ts.jpg
QQ622A56FE20141230095106_zpsec2a3515.png
cattura-png.13492
086-png.13840

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have the feeling you're right. Will try to organize a different hub today and check it.

Make sure the port is USB3 as well, because USB3.0 hub on USB2.0 port will still give you USB 2.0 speeds.

Most computers have USB 3.0 ports as blue ports.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We still got SonyUSAs estimate. 5 hours and about 20 minutes to go for that one. xd and please don't be mad if it won't come true, it's just an educated guess and as good as any.

Reactions: Phantom_User

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still got SonyUSAs estimate. 5 hours and about 20 minutes to go for that one. xd and please don't be mad if it won't come true, it's just an educated guess and as good as any.

If any prediction should be believed its this one considering he had a "beta" that was released "only to a handful of close friends." I think he knows things that we don't.

Reactions: Romsstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap