Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually. I would LOVE to just hold a brand new3ds european version in my hands...
But since that would come out with 9.2 and higher... I really need to reconsider... -.-!

Dankey Kang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I really want to get a N3DS but might as well wait for the limited edition types instead since for some reason, Nintendo doesn't want to make changeable plates. Also, I hate the gloss. And when all of that happens, I'm sure all of the N3DS XL will be updated and I can't try my Gateway on ;_;

M8 your profile picture is a spoiler (for the greatest game ever made in the history of mankind)

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
The wait is killing me though. I have a brand new New 3DS XL sitting here and all I can play at the moment are the two carts that I have found in the house... fucking Rhythm Paradise and Cocking With Mama! (:S :D). Please Gateway, hurry for my own sanity!
Cocking with Mama.......what kinda new game is that? Is it a hidden hentai that Nintendo published?

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, at what point do we all agree that there is no FW, never was and never will be from Gateway? is it in a month when they are still saying 2 days? Or is it when this thread reaches 1000 pages? At what point do we all agree that we have all been had, they sold a crapton of paperweights and are going to go retire?

I am all for them taking extra time and making the product better, but if they are just prolonging it to sell more copies before they are found out then that doesnt help anybody but them.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, at what point do we all agree that there is no FW, never was and never will be from Gateway? is it in a month when they are still saying 2 days? Or is it when this thread reaches 1000 pages? At what point do we all agree that we have all been had, they sold a crapton of paperweights and are going to go retire?

I am all for them taking extra time and making the product better, but if they are just prolonging it to sell more copies before they are found out then that doesnt help anybody but them.
If you want to be pessimistic, think of it as "They spewed bullshit to stop Sky3DS sales".

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Nope, because the update is real.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The thing is SonyUSA, a confirmed Betatester, posted screenshots of it working. While they COULD be fake, his guide was also confirmed to be legit.
So there is a firmware, the only question is when we'll all get hands on it...

The only thing I have currently doubts about is whether the Sandisk card I bought is legit.xd

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still believe there is a firmware; they showed it in a video in November, and it's not uncommon for people in the scene to just sit on their discoveries for months or years on end without release to general public. Waiting until they believe it is ready. I would lose faith that they were ever going to release if it were not out by March, or maybe April. That said, if it's not out by Wednesday, it is already ridiculous, I think I will consider selling my Gateway, and waiting to see what DSTWO+ offers.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the issue, they're not really saying when, or around when, or if when. "Around the corner" isn't a time frame. That's just where people start getting pissed off and stop believing. Great, Gateway don't want to release something with little features, but there was a video of it working and which looked pretty reasonable. Which is why I don't understand why they can't just release a build and release hotfixed in time to come. It's better than leaving a lot of new customers with nothing at all.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The thing is SonyUSA, a confirmed Betatester, posted screenshots of it working. While they COULD be fake, his guide was also confirmed to be legit.
So there is a firmware, the only question is when we'll all get hands on it...
QR Code trick each time to access GW mode in 9.x : https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-gateway-setup-for-5-0-fw.377646/
Not so practical as network access necessary each time it seems. :huh:

3DS XL consoles with 4.5 firmware seem more convenient to use.

According to SonyUSA the QR code scan is a one-time think to access the payload from the GW server.
You'll have to do it only once.

Reactions: Phantom_User

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
woke up on monday 12:00 checked the gateway site, since welp end of the week has passed.
my reaction when once again, gateway fails to deliver.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently