Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: PokeBomb

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why would you hack?

The question should be: "why WOULDN'T you hack". Pokemon is incredibly boring after the main story if you want to play competitively (aka serious play). You have to breed, EV train, check nature, etc...just to get a perfect Pokemon. And after all that training, that team might not even WORK because after all the time you took, there are new trends in OU or the tier you play in. Or you might just straight up decide you don't like the team after testing it. That's why pokemon simulators are so popular, and tools like PkHex are a godsend.

This is for speeding up the process, not cheating. Hacking is not always cheating.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why would you hack?
lots of people hack games, thats the main interest i have with gateway....not for online stuff but like custom levels and stuff........for stuff like that to get going there needs to be plenty of interested people :P.....hopefully the 9.x exploit will bring more people into it so we can start seeing custom rom hacks....i mean who wouldnt want to see this :rofl:
top_0051.png

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the post counts of everyone in this thread prior to November 30th and its mind blowing. Some of you talk waayyyy too much about nothing that its become counterproductive.

You're just NOW noticing this?

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question should be: "why WOULDN'T you hack". Pokemon is incredibly boring after the main story if you want to play competitively (aka serious play). You have to breed, EV train, check nature, etc...just to get a perfect Pokemon. And after all that training, that team might not even WORK because after all the time you took, there are new trends in OU or the tier you play in. Or you might just straight up decide you don't like the team after testing it. That's why pokemon simulators are so popular, and tools like PkHex are a godsend.

This is for speeding up the process, not cheating. Hacking is not always cheating.
Exactly and the thing I enjoy about hacking is that it's out of the ordinary, interesting, and creative. It gets boring seeing a typical wifi battle or let's play but for example imagine witnessing a hack shadow lugia in a ORAS wifi battle or wild encounter, that is so badass and much more enjoyable to watch

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly and the thing I enjoy about hacking is that it's out of the ordinary, interesting, and creative. It gets boring seeing a typical wifi battle or let's play but for example imagine witnessing a hack shadow lugia in a ORAS wifi battle or wild encounter, that is so badass and much more enjoyable to watch

Everyone has a taste. Personally I don't like playing with the original design and don't plan on using Gateway for hacking purposes :)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That sounds awesome but how does it work? Doesn't the other player need the same textures as you do to be able to see the modified lugia?

PokeBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds awesome but how does it work? Doesn't the other player need the same textures as you do to be able to see the modified lugia?
The other player needs to have a Gateway or some sort of flash card that can let you edit 3ds rom files, and yes he/she would need the texture file of the shadow lugia. However since I own a 3ds capture card that is on 9.2, it Is compatible with Gateway thus allowing me to showcase my hacks in videos on YouTube. The thing that is pissing me of is how long Gateway is taking to release their shieeeety update T^T it's the only thing I need at the moment >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43