Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
And now I'm in a conundrum: I've got 10.7GB in my microSD cards to put in "acquisitioned games", of which 4GB will be for my MH4G dump, giving me about 6.7GB. I'm lost as to put in Project Mirai or Senran "BOOOOOOOOOOBS" Kagura 2, of which both are 4GB each.
Use rom_tool to trim them. Senran 2 is not actually 4GB - it's around ~2.2GB. I just looked up Project 未来, and that's about 2.1GB.

If you trim them both, you can fit them both. :gba:

Edit: Same with MH4G. It's just over 2GB after you trim out the garbage data.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is ridiculous lol, I understand they have things to do and last minute bug fixes can screw things up but give us an ETA at least. Give people an ounce of hope is all im saying, not some generic email response like "by the end of the week" or "just around the corner" etc
Remember that ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. They have estimated that it'll be out this week, so they've done what you said.

I can see them losing potential customers if it doesn't get released by sunday as folks have been waiting for months now. I'm not bashing Gateway in the very least, of course they're going to release it eventually but keeping everyone in the dark isn't the way to go about it.

People waited 6 months for the multirom release. In the end they gained a lot of customers because their release was of high quality. This is why you've got a lot of happily patient users here because they have shown that they do good work even if it takes time.

Reactions: dplaktos

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
People can only wait so long before they think it will never happen.

Their wording isn't very good, and it would be great to a have milestone date, but they never seem to give one.

For all we know they could even be not close to a release yet but with all the competition out there they need something to keep the sales up and we 9.x users become the victims of their policy here... Just a thought though.

RIX__MIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been lurking in this thread for the past couple of weeks now. My Gateway is still in the mail but I received my New 3DS today.

I came across this which was posted 6 hours ago on the YT video of the New 3DS working on Gateway:

aFTKsVB.png

Could it be? I don't know. Trust no one etc.

If it is finished and ready for distribution they would need to implement some kind of automated mirroring system, as a single file server would get hammered to death in minutes.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that sucks the most is we can't use the damn thing. If I could even load one rom per SD card like it used to be, that would hold me for the update. But the Gateway card is useless at this point.

Reactions: ShizzleMyDizzle

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remember that ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. They have estimated that it'll be out this week, so they've done what you said.

People waited 6 months for the multirom release. In the end they gained a lot of customers because their release was of high quality. This is why you've got a lot of happily patient users here because they have shown that they do good work even if it takes time.

People waited because
1) Even without multirom they could still their Gateway. 9.2 users currently can't.
2) There was no competition. People now can run over to Sky3DS, and even if they're on 9.4.
3) There were no competition to lose customers to back then. But customers who turn their back on Gateway now, will have no reason to come back if they can enjoy the games they want to play.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Been lurking in this thread for the past couple of weeks now. My Gateway is still in the mail but I received my New 3DS today.

I came across this which was posted 6 hours ago on the YT video of the New 3DS working on Gateway:

aFTKsVB.png

If it is finished and ready for distribution they would need to implement some kind of automated mirroring system, as a single file server would get hammered to death in minutes.

That's old news bro.

Reactions: dplaktos

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

aFTKsVB.png

They could just put it on MEGA, ZippyShare, etc...

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I feel really dissapointed with that last e-mail. D:
I'm going to try to send one email myself.

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg

aFTKsVB.png

this is old news. unfortunately.
also the update would be mirrored immediately on countless sites.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

aFTKsVB.png

Old information, it's somewhere on this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u