Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But did they specifically say that the update is ready and they haven't uploaded it because of such server issues? Because I find that difficult to believe.

that info was not in my mail, but I tend to remember an email I saw in which they said, that they need to be sure that the website is ready, and that their update already works flawless...
Don't forget that they seem to also have some problems with their staff, since they said, that due to "Christmas season, it takes a little longer than expected to have an up to date site."

So I assume, that they lack some staff which went into holidays.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad part is, server issues usually mean downtime..... As far as I can tell, there website is up and running fine. I believe when they were referring to server issues, they were talking about when there website went down the other day....

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Honestly, the only reason this would take this long is because of server optimization to handle massive load coming from various parts of the world. You guys saying "just use Wordpress" don't understand how difficult and daunting a task like that is.

Woodbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad part is, server issues usually mean downtime..... As far as I can tell, there website is up and running fine. I believe when they were referring to server issues, they were talking about when there website went down the other day....
Or they might have the stuff prepared on a separate server...and that one is down.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

No, I does not necessarily mean downtime, since their server is hosted by cloudflare, if I remember right. The "hackers" could have just wiped out the current site, and as soon as gateway staff found out they just put up a backup instead. That would explain why there was a site there which was really not updated at all... and the texts came back one by one...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
that info was not in my mail, but I tend to remember an email I saw in which they said, that they need to be sure that the website is ready, and that their update already works flawless...
Don't forget that they seem to also have some problems with their staff, since they said, that due to "Christmas season, it takes a little longer than expected to have an up to date site."

So I assume, that they lack some staff which went into holidays.

Well, I said that because they don't upload their firmware files on their own website, so I'm going to assume they were referring to yet another redesign for their site.

jazariz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are talking about a team that already have a webpage, and in the past they already released software and is availiable to the public...if they already have their software ready, why they take so long in something that they already know how to do it?

it takes awhile to udate

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I does not necessarily mean downtime, since their server is hosted by cloudflare, if I remember right. The "hackers" could have just wiped out the current site, and as soon as gateway staff found out they just put up a backup instead. That would explain why there was a site there which was really not updated at all... and the texts came back one by one...
If there site were hosted on cloudflare we still would have been able to access it when there server was down, or we would have gotten a web page saying the server was down with cloudflares logo.

Cloudflare makes regular caches of the site, and it's gonna make a cache of the current page usually once a day.

That means, the cache wouldn't be so old as to have older content.

They do not appear to be using cloudflare at all.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, the only reason this would take this long is because of server optimization to handle massive load coming from various parts of the world. You guys saying "just use Wordpress" don't understand how difficult and daunting a task like that is.

They already use WordPress?

CloudFlare don't host websites, they provide optimisations through DNS. For example, if the website goes down, CloudFlare will give a cached copy of it until it is online again (it will notify you of this).

Reactions: Xenophy

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
They are going to have to make an idiot proof/ brick free tutorial for all of the gateway noobs, upload it, make sure their server can withstand the traffic. I'm sure there is more to it unfortunately

yeah i think if update is legit it's not going to be simple work to install specially for noobs. Wifi connection,QR code,Web browser..etc few steps needed to get the exploit installed.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I don't want to filter through several hundred pages of shit, can anyone tell me if backing up the nand with gateway is the same as doing a hardware backup?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i think if update is legit it's not going to be simple work to install specially for noobs. Wifi connection,QR code,Web browser..etc few steps needed to get the exploit installed.
But... If you can install the exploit without a gateway card... What use is the gateway card?

Let the speculation commence!

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then put it on an external hosting website or hell make a torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok