Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trim all my roms so the take less space. They all seem to run fine and I have had no problems.
Why do they not recommend it?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I trim all my roms so the take less space. They all seem to run fine and I have had no problems.
Why do they not recommend it?

Some games may have issues with trimmed roms, just like some isos have issues on psp when converted to CSO (bigger loading times, frame drops, audio lag...). However removing the update partition should cause no trouble AFAIK

Reactions: MrJason005

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This 32gb sdhc card will be used on gateway so i will use exFAT to don't worry, thank you you all guys! o/

There's "some why" they don't recommend we trim games?
because its easier than trying to explain the difference between card1 and card2 games, card1 can be trimmed card2 can't as the save area is stored in the trimmed area.....but afaik there is no 4gb card2 games

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Some games may have issues with trimmed roms, just like some isos have issues on psp when converted to CSO (bigger loading times, frame drops, audio lag...). However removing the update partition should cause no trouble AFAIK
I think it started having issues with the 7.X encryption.
People trimmed Pokemon and it wouldn't load.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think it started having issues with the 7.X encryption.
People trimmed Pokemon and it wouldn't load.
pokemon is a card2 game....card1- trimable card2- not trimable
basically
pokemon x&y, pokemon ruby & sapphire, animal crossing, tomodachi life, and a whole bunch of eshop/virtual console games are all card 2 and cannot be trimmed

so yeah as i said, its kinda easier to just say don't trim :lol: as some people decided to trim games after playing a while and if you trim a card2 game you pretty much delete your save....so yeah only trim if necessary, but if you use exfat, there is no real need to unless you know what your doing :)

Reactions: AdowTatep

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me patiently waiting for gateway...
MVIaB08.jpg

for those who are wondering
JP N3DS LL smash bros edition. Ordered from nippon yasan dec 8th arrived 15th (fedex priority) came with 8.1J
gateway3ds bought from nds-card on the 3rd, arrived on 23rd (free shipping)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
for people with new 3ds xls.. how are u going to put the launcher on the micro SD card? will you be using wireless transfer or unscrewing the back?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
pokemon is a card2 game....card1- trimable card2- not trimable
basically
pokemon x&y, pokemon ruby & sapphire, animal crossing, tomodachi life, and a whole bunch of eshop/virtual console games are all card 2 and cannot be trimmed

so yeah as i said, its kinda easier to just say don't trim :lol: as some people decided to trim games after playing a while and if you trim a card2 game you pretty much delete your save....so yeah only trim if necessary, but if you use exfat, there is no real need to unless you know what your doing :)
That may very well be the case. I'll see what maxconsole will say before calling anything though.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I took the plunge and bought a 3dsxl at Wal-Mart and it cam with 4.4.0. Thank the rng gods

I also got a 3DS XL just have to wait till tomorrow to find out the firmware version (Although at this point it doesn't seem to be majorly important, thankfully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: i was just "window" shopping