Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are their going to be any tutorial videos for setting up gateway available as soon as the new update hits? Sorry, I'm new to gateway and unfamiliar with how to set it up.
Edit: also are themes able to be installed using gateway for free?

Reactions: Galerox and 2Hack

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends, question here. It is to my knowledge that, after i installed the gateway exploit, if i were to try and use a ds flash card (say supercard dstwo) i'd have to reinstall gateway with the blue card after playing the DS game every single time? are there any work arounds to playing ds roms with emunand?

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Are their going to be any tutorial videos for setting up gateway available as soon as the new update hits? Sorry, I'm new to gateway and unfamiliar with how to set it up.
Edit: also are themes able to be installed using gateway for free?
My guess is yes, there will be. There is heaps of hype around the release, and I'm sure there are many who are looking to take advantage of it to boost their YouTube view count. :rofl2:

But really, it's the future, so who knows? ;)

Hello friends, question here. It is to my knowledge that, after i installed the gateway exploit, if i were to try and use a ds flash card (say supercard dstwo) i'd have to reinstall gateway with the blue card after playing the DS game every single time? are there any work arounds to playing ds roms with emunand?
You don't have to use the Blue Card. You can put the Gateway Installer NDS file onto your Supercard DSTwo and run it after you've finished with your other DS games...? (assuming you have a 4.x 3DS)

If you have a 9.x 3DS, you probably won't need the Blue Card at all. I thought I already addressed this for you earlier. The new exploit will likely not need the Blue Card to install the exploit.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is yes, there will be.

But really, it's the future, so who knows? ;)

You don't have to use the Blue Card. You can put the Gateway Installer NDS file onto your Supercard DSTwo and run it after you've finished with your other DS games...? (assuming you have a 4.x 3DS)

If you have a 9.x 3DS, you probably won't need the Blue Card at all. I thought I already addressed this for you earlier. The new exploit will likely not need the Blue Card to install the exploit.
oh nice this is awesome then!

Reactions: scholan

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to be interesting to see what exploit is used for it as the blue card is likely useless now...

i think its pretty much definitely going to be a variation of ssspwn - the timing of all this is too close to ninjhax's release for it to be a coincidence. I would say that the gateway team reverse engineered smealums work and built around the ssspwn/kernel access portion of the hack.

so how will it be used? according to gateway it will not need any additional hardware or software to install...so logically, it's gotta be one of these:
  1. a QR code hack, targeting the same vulnerability as ninjhax. Mii Maker/Plaza would fit this.
  2. a buffer overflow hack using an exploited file (image/sound file for the sound player/camera?)
  3. something else. who knows.
I personally think it's going to be a QR code. It just makes sense.

Reactions: Sonicx64

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
-snip-
  1. a QR code hack, targeting the same vulnerability as ninjhax. Mii Maker/Plaza would fit this.
  2. a buffer overflow hack using an exploited file (image/sound file for the sound player/camera?)
I was going more for Gateway using another part of the whole SSSPwn exploit set. Smealum mentioned there being multiple exploits for different stages of the hack. My guess is that Gateway has used one of these 'later exploits', rather than the obvious QR code one.

But this is, of course, speculation; as you say, who knows?

Reactions: 2Hack

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
I was going more for Gateway using another part of the whole SSSPwn exploit set. Smealum mentioned there being multiple exploits for different stages of the hack. My guess is that Gateway has used one of these 'later exploits', rather than the obvious QR code one.

But this is, of course speculation; as you say, who knows?

Yeah, that would all fit into option 3. If I was to totally guess at the best case scenario, it will be an exploit that is very easy to install and use - basically drag and drop. It's not going to use a website downloader setup like ninjhax, that's for certain.

dplaktos

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that would all fit into option 3. If I was to totally guess at the best case scenario, it will be an exploit that is very easy to install and use - basically drag and drop. It's not going to use a website downloader setup like ninjhax, that's for certain.
It's for certain? :unsure:
Does your dad work at Gateway or something? :huh:

( Xenophy get over here lol )

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Explain pls.

1. they're a flashcart manufacturer - unlikely to have any more of a footprint on the web than what they already have. There's a reason why they use a simple wordpress blog and not a traceable site back to themselves.

2. unless I'm mistaken, the ninjhax installer was also a method of drm/encryption enforced by smealum for his own purposes and protection of the exploit. Gateway would not need to adhere to similar policy.

3. Gateway have always supported their users with attainable files hosted on other servers and hosting sites, as local hosting via their own webspace (as I explained above) opens up a whole can of worms if Nintendo wanted to take action. If this happened, the update would be effectively unusable - I am sure gateway would want to avoid such a scenario. Same goes for any server downtime or crashes - and we all know how many times that's happened to gateway this week alone.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Going to be interesting to see what exploit is used for it as the blue card is likely useless now...

i think its pretty much definitely going to be a variation of ssspwn - the timing of all this is too close to ninjhax's release for it to be a coincidence. I would say that the gateway team reverse engineered smealums work and built around the ssspwn/kernel access portion of the hack.

so how will it be used? according to gateway it will not need any additional hardware or software to install...so logically, it's gotta be one of these:
Probably escalation to arm9 side from arm11 kernel. Ninjhax is pretty much a kernel exploit.

Or a pure arm11 kernel-based solution, but that's unlikely.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably escalation to arm9 side from arm11 kernel. Ninjhax is pretty much a kernel exploit.

Or a pure arm11 kernel-based solution, but that's unlikely.

I think that's a given - but we still don't know how they will actually initiate the exploit without cubic ninja.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
I called the QR part in the miimaker long ago. Let's see how it turns out.

If it's based on the video jumping to mii maker, that's been debunked. I've tested it on my New 3DS myself - if you press ZR (scrolls through the home menu) when on the largest size view for the home menu, it jumps to the same icon space that mii maker is in on the gateway promo. the person demoing it just hit it by mistake, thats all. it's very, very easy to do as its a microswitched button that requires basically no pressure at all really.

of course, it could still be utilizing the mii maker for the initial hack - we have no idea until they release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all