Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You can take the microSD off your GWcart and put it in the 3DS SD slot with an adapter to save copying time

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
You aren't the only one T^T
We just have to be patient, as much as I'd hate to.

*sigh* This patience they're asking is starting to wear down real fast. I know people come up and post twenty thousand examples on how they've waited thirty thousand f*cking years for their 2.0 patch and what not. But this is slightly different. At least I want to believe so, their wording is different, the feel is different, the e-mails they've layed down upon us are different.

Heck, I know Gateway's striving to be a pretty good product but hell, if all they're doing now is managing extra firmware; the time they're taking is ludicrous. Just ludicrous. It's a great decision for the press , the papers, and the news headlines: Gateway supports ALL firmwares. But it's not good enough for the common user. FW 8.1 ? Great. Keep at it. I was honestly being real positive about Gateway's want to support everyone, but NOT if it takes them this much time.

Even still, I'm hoping for something Christmas'ish, but I don't know anymore. I'm starting to join the bandwagon of naysers claiming the update with hit the year two thousand-f*ck-if-I-know-when.

inb4 you're too impatient, you whinny kid. Psh, if you can come here to solely judge my actions then I can voice my discontent here, simple.

Reactions: Sonicx64 and 2Hack

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* This patience they're asking is starting to wear down real fast. I know people come up and post twenty thousand examples on how they've waited thirty thousand f*cking years for their 2.0 patch and what not. But this is slightly different. At least I want to believe so, their wording is different, the feel is different, the e-mails they've layed down upon us are different.

Heck, I know Gateway's striving to be a pretty good product but hell, if all they're doing now is managing extra firmware; the time they're taking is ludicrous. Just ludicrous. It's a great decision for the press , the papers, and the news headlines: Gateway supports ALL firmwares. But it's not good enough for the common user. FW 8.1 ? Great. Keep at it. I was honestly being real positive about Gateway's want to support everyone, but NOT if it takes them this much time.

Even still, I'm hoping for something Christmas'ish, but I don't know anymore. I'm starting to join the bandwagon of naysers claiming the update with hit the year two thousand-f*ck-if-I-know-when.

inb4 you're too impatient, you whinny kid. Psh, if you can come here to solely judge my actions then I can voice my discontent here, simple.

I think they should just have support for latest version and latest version you can download off a game cart.

Reactions: Phantom_User

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Tomorrow arriving my GW, releasing update, and winning the lottery, would be a perfect day!
F*ck. No GW arrival. No GW update. No lottery won.
Ohh... what a day, what a day.

On topic: I bought a 32gb microsd cart on Aliexpress, but I think they scamed me (because other 64gb I also bought were fakes, problems with capacity, checked with H2testw). So what do you guys recommend me on this christmass. ¿Buying a microSD to play .3ds's, or a normal SD to play .cia's?
What is better? Faster? More stable?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
F*ck. No GW arrival. No GW update. No lottery won.
Ohh... what a day, what a day.

On topic: I bought a 32gb microsd cart on Aliexpress, but I think they scamed me (because other 64gb I also bought were fakes, problems with capacity, checked with H2testw). So what do you guys recommend me on this christmass. ¿Buying a microSD to play .3ds's, or a normal SD to play .cia's?
What is better? Faster? More stable?
Don't buy memory cards from aliExpress. You're bound to either get a shitty card, or fake card. Buy from amazon or some other reputable online seller that's not from china.

Reactions: DSlite2

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not that i encourage downloading roms, but the main advantage would be that dumping all your own games if you plan to do it in one go, you would need to sit around checking the 3ds for when it finishes, so you would be waiting around for like 3 hours to dump 19 games in a row, not to mention the time for copying them off once your SD is full and rebooting back into gateway mode (unless the cart dumping feature is improved (assuming it exists even :P).....i would just dump what you need and dump others as and when you want to play them

The problem with that is that while I may be able to download it all in one go, it would most likely take 24 hours of straight downloading to get them all. I'll take the 3 hours any day.

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't buy memory cards from aliExpress. You're bound to either get a shitty card, or fake card. Buy from amazon or some other reputable online seller that's not from china.
Yeh, I learned the lesson.
Now I'm viewing a few on Amazon. So what do you guys recommend me on this christmass. ¿Buying a microSD to play .3ds's, or a normal SD to play .cia's?
What is better? Faster? More stable? (I repeate myself)

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, I learned the lesson.
Now I'm viewing a few on Amazon. So what do you guys recommend me on this christmass. ¿Buying a microSD to play .3ds's, or a normal SD to play .cia's?
What is better? Faster? More stable? (I repeate myself)

You can use a SD card adapter so just buy a micro SD to futureproof yourself, the new 3DS will only take in micro SD as well if you change to it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...