Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it is necessary for the handheld you're transferring from. Someone should confirm on this.
Well that might be problematic. My 3DS can access eshop just fine being on 9.4 emunand, but what if there won't be emunand after the update? My N3DS is on 9.0. And as far as I recall you can't access eshop unless you have the current FW version.

the.rx-78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that might be problematic. My 3DS can access eshop just fine being on 9.4 emunand, but what if there won't be emunand after the update? My N3DS is on 9.0. And as far as I recall you can't access eshop unless you have the current FW version.

Ya just gotta wait, dood.

Edit: I should also note since you mentioned the N3DS... NNID only transfers if the region of the handheld/console matches the NNID region. So US/EU/AUS/JAP...

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 4.5 3ds as well, but I bought N3DSXL and need to sell the 4.5 one, money are getting tight. And I don't want to sell it before the update because I just started playing Phoenix Wright and it's too fun and addictive to stop for an uncertain period of time...

HAAHA funny because I'm in the EXACT situation. I have just started phoenix wright so I'll need to keep my 4.5 3DS XL until I complete that now (and Mario + Luigi Dream Team).

Reactions: Woodbin

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, I asked before but nobody answered, is emunand->emunand system transfer possible? I don't want to lose my NNID when I'll be getting rid of my 4.5 3DS.
Ok, here's the deal. Since you can't do a sys transfer without the update, you're going to have to call nintendo once 9.4 emunand on your N3DS is available. Then, you sold/lost/broke your old 3DS and want to transfer your NNID and purchases to your N3ds.

Be sure to have the serial # of the old 3DS and the serial # of the N3DS as well as the login details of you NNID just in case. If you don't have your serial for some reason, they'll ask you about recent purchases, and recently played games.

They'll transfer your NNID to your New 3ds and you will be able to download your old e-shop games. saves will not be transferred

Reactions: Woodbin

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was wondering if its necessary to turn off the WiFi every time we exit emunand. I mean if I enter sysnand with my WiFi one it will automatically download the update tight?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if its necessary to turn off the WiFi every time we exit emunand. I mean if I enter sysnand with my WiFi one it will automatically download the update tight?
Yup. You'd be in quite a pickle. That's why you should fill up your sys NAND with 3 fake WiFi points just to fill it up so you don't accidentally connect. I'm sure emuNAND you can set up the legit one and you won't be update prone until a new update comes up.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yup. You'd be in quite a pickle. That's why you should fill up your sys NAND with 3 fake WiFi points just to fill it up so you don't accidentally connect. I'm sure emuNAND you can set up the legit one and you won't be update prone until a new update comes up.

I got my console second hand in mint condition so it already has two of them. How would I go with the third one?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I got my console second hand in mint condition so it already has two of them. How would I go with the third one?
Connect it to your router, but change the password. You can disconnect the actual internet from the router, and connect. The test will fail, but the WiFi setting will be saved.

Then change the password back and connect the internet back to the router.

Reactions: guitarheroknight

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Connect it to your router, but change the password. You can disconnect the actual internet from the router, and connect. The test will fail, but the WiFi setting will be saved.

Then change the password back and connect the internet back to the router.
you can literally just enter 3 random connection, just choose manual setup, enter any old name i.e "dummy" and no security and save....doesn't matter if the test fails

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has it been confirmed that the new update will be able to dump carts? I've got 19 games that I'd prefer to dump than have to download. I shot them an email a couple days ago, but have yet to hear anything back, so I was just wondering if anyone else has found out for sure.

Reactions: 2Hack

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed that the new update will be able to dump carts? I've got 19 games that I'd prefer to dump than have to download. I shot them an email a couple days ago, but have yet to hear anything back, so I was just wondering if anyone else has found out for sure.

No confirmation yet but I would think once the update is out you will have the same features 4.5 users have. Also dumping carts takes a LONG TIME. About 10 min each. I find it faster just to dump one cart for it's header and download the other games.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No confirmation yet but I would think once the update is out you will have the same features 4.5 users have. Also dumping carts takes a LONG TIME. About 10 min each. I find it faster just to dump one cart for it's header and download the other games.

I assumed that'd be the case. At 10 minutes a cart that's a lot quicker than downloading it for me, as with my net that could take hours, especially with the amount of carts.

Reactions: TheZoroark007

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Takes like 2 hours to download the rom of a game, so I'll take the 10 mins :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not that i encourage downloading roms, but the main advantage would be that dumping all your own games if you plan to do it in one go, you would need to sit around checking the 3ds for when it finishes, so you would be waiting around for like 3 hours to dump 19 games in a row, not to mention the time for copying them off once your SD is full and rebooting back into gateway mode (unless the cart dumping feature is improved (assuming it exists even :P).....i would just dump what you need and dump others as and when you want to play them

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
not that i encourage downloading roms, but the main advantage would be that dumping all your own games if you plan to do it in one go, you would need to sit around checking the 3ds for when it finishes, so you would be waiting around for like 3 hours to dump 19 games in a row, not to mention the time for copying them off once your SD is full and rebooting back into gateway mode (unless the cart dumping feature is improved (assuming it exists even :P)
Would it save onto the 3DS SD or micro sd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo