Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vengenceonu, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Could be true since those markets are rather small. Us is the big market where they will not lose shares to flash card makers. Thats for sure.

2. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

Mar 16, 2013
    How would that work technically?
    Games are linked statically against the rendering libraries which decide things like camera setup and stereo separation.

3. kutteke

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    It's exactly because of that negligence i'm considering this to be an option :).
    If they already started manufacturing even only a few it would be to much of a hassle to get them out of the packaging and update them.
    Lets say there is a chance the first batch will be the current firmware.

4. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    That's what I implied. My question to them was if they already have something else to work with in the future or not

5. the3dsguy

the3dsguy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    well technically, they could patch it, if gateway's exploit is based off of sky 3ds, perfected. same exploit meaning patchable at this current time in place.

6. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    Could you check if its genuine?

Danjal likes this.
  7. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

Got mine from him at the elmshorn train station :D
    Hes a nice guy and very trustworthy, he probably ships to most of europe too

_eyCaRambA_ likes this.
  8. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    If they don't have the new patches, they won't know the answer. It's all up to Nintendo from here.
    The N3DS has a new camera that can track your head and adjust the SCREEN (Not the games themselves) so it shows the 3D effect acordingly,
    If it was N3DS games only, they wouldn't show Mario 3D Land as an example in the Nintendo Direct.
    I highly doubt it is based off of Sky3DS, since Sky3DS seems to be a 1:1 copy of a retail card, something that the Gateway cannot achieve without updating the FPGA, and to update the FPGA you need kernel access, unless gateway can achieve unattended updates.

9. The 3d really works well when moving your head around.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. Aurora Wright

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    Let's look at the table here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JVlFZVnN6RUpWbERIcHdYRFR6MUE&usp=docslist_api
    4.5 came out on December 4, 2012, and in a couple batches of consoles, it started being preinstalled. Only three serials in 2013 have 4.4. So, your hypothesis, assuming the GW firmware is released in two weeks and it gets patched by January, is not probable
    EDIT: I also noticed now, that 4.5 consoles also from 2012 exist. So yeah, definitely not probable at all.

11. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

Mar 16, 2013
    Ah, alright, didn't know about that. Sounds pretty cool.

12. That haven't given a date yet for Western release so they could hold of back longer, especially as the old 3ds is still selling so well.

13. guitarheroknight

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    What are the chances Nintendo completely skips a 9.0 - 9.2 update via a game? Pretty big I guess.... :(

14. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    How so?

15. Aurora Wright

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    Other than that, there's also an ambient light sensor similar to smartphones which regulates the brightness. Both new features can be turned on and off.

Margen67 likes this.
  16. guitarheroknight

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    Because they would loose money if they didnt?

17. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Because if there is no game containing the 9.0-9.2 update, then soon people won't be able to update to 9.0-9.2 at all when Nintendo rolls out the new firmware.

18. the3dsguy

the3dsguy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada

considering they know about the exploit, they would do EVERYTHING in their power to skip that update in games.

19. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Thats not really something that Nintendo has in hand.
    It'll all depend on how many developers are finalizing games *right now*.

I mean, any title scheduled to release in december/january will in all likelyhood have a 9.x FW.
    And the longer 9.2 remains the "latest FW", the bigger that window.
    So your question there would be -> What are the next 3DS (or N3DS) titles scheduled to release for the upcoming 2 months.

20. Rrenzen

Rrenzen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2011
    United States
    someone has hope of them release the update by the end of next week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.