Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, first time poster been a lurker for a while, but this is huge news. I just ordered the new 3ds LL jap from play-asia, seems like they have stock left and I really hope it gets delivered to me before nintendo patches this damn thing. I really hope worst case scenario, it will at least support 9.x and lower. not just 9.x in case nintendo somehow finds the exploit and patches it before our 3ds xl ll gets to us. for everyone else, I ENSURE you, you should get it while its in stock. I have a feeling the n3ds will sell like hot cakes, and poof we are going to be in the same dilemma with 4.5. Heres my fed ex info so far,

12/01/2014 - Monday
9:05 pm Left FedEx origin facility TSUEN WAN HK

6:36 pm Picked up TSUEN WAN HK

5:15 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Shipping from HONG KONG to CANADA

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
tbh if you know your way around one 3ds you know your way around them all......i could probably do everything i really need without knowing what it says, but i just figured i would pay the extra and know its just the same as if i owned a UK model :P.....plus there is the whole JPN consoles shipping with 8.x, so if nintendo release 9.3 and block gateway before you receive the console, you will have to wait until a game is released with 9.0-9.2 onboard, and you would also need to import a japanese game to update.....which would probably end up costing you the difference if not more than just paying the extra to get a EU console

I have express shipping (estimated 3-4 days) from today. Dicing with N if any update is planned anytime soon:unsure:

Reactions: gamesquest1
D

Deleted-355425

It is a thought... mech from you're image, Just make sure ?

Real Gateway looks black you're looks blue like the fake ...

But if they do this to you, They will be black and blue .

I will check when I'm back from work, the gf sent me the photo from home.... They are on official reseller though.

Reactions: drwhojan

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I cannot see why people complain over JP text because it's not like you will be using it to navigate to menus constantly and with a GW it's not an issue at all. If your not bothered about JP Eshop and online either then get a JP console.

I never buy products or install any CFW on other consoles expecting to use online, as there is a reason to why your buying a GW in the first place (to play roms). 1 for online (legit use) the other for exploits.

Once a EU console gets released here in the UK next year, then I'll most likely grab one of them too, but until now, a JP one will suffice enough with a GW once the update drops.

wait... i wont be able to play online using a JP console? Ok i think i've made my decision :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wait... i wont be able to play online using a JP console? Ok i think i've made my decision :P
you can play online with a JPN console :P there used to be the issue with game updates, but now we have .cia installation i think thats probably behind us as you would still be able to get the EU title updates on a japanese console

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just FYI guys, a few pages ago I said my package hasn't arrived yet(ordered from yeahgeek), well I just received it like 20 minutes ago LOL.

But the espeedpost hasn't updated that it has been shipped, it hasn't even updated that it arrived to my country.... whatever I guess, as long as I received the package =)

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the accessibility of getting a JAP N3DS and taking the risk to get the EU one far outweighs the possiblity of loosing out on this exploit. play-asia is only 4 day shipping before I get it according to fed ex. 4 days. 4 DAYS!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE US 4 MORE DAYS BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE DAMN THING!!!!

GOD i should have oredered it before, if gateway at least hinted to us that mutli region was supported i would have ordered the n3ds LONG TIME AGO!

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why thank you for clarifying that. We already know that Japanese is not only katakana... He's saying that the Japanese 3DS menu is mostly filled with katakana.

its not hard learning katakana. 2 days tops. if you follow fuwanovels method.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I think the accessibility of getting a JAP N3DS and taking the risk to get the EU one far outweighs the possiblity of loosing out on this exploit. play-asia is only 4 day shipping before I get it according to fed ex. 4 days. 4 DAYS!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE US 4 MORE DAYS BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE DAMN THING!!!!

yep, if you read my post above i'm in that delivery ETA bracket. Imagine getting it on the day (say 3-4 days from now), all is fine with the 9.2 still live, then suddenly the big N pushes out a silent 9.3 just as you turned it on and configured the Wifi settings. :P

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, Japanese is not just katakana. :P
Names of big companies, consoles, electronics are all written in katakana.
Sure, the home will have quite a bit of kanji but most people are not interested in the verbs and nouns that have the kanji, they are interested in The name of their game (In katakana), settings (katakana), super whacky names (e.g. super punch would be written in katakana)
Plus there's the whole thing where restaurant menus's foods are written in katakana, but that's not the point of this reply.
So, IMO, it would be the most Japanese for the least effort for someone interested in video games.
It does not apply to anime though.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not hard learning katakana. 2 days tops. if you follow fuwanovels method.

Well, there are some people around here that don't feel like it's worth the effort to learn katakana and they can clearly get a AUR New3DS which has an English language option.

Plus, it actually takes a few hours to learn katakana. At least, that's how it was for me. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: