Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well shit, now I'm confused. Mine has the blue label, but it has the right pin sizes. What do?
tbh i only ever heard one story of a "fake" gateway card (i.e the shorter pin model) and tbh im somewhat skeptical that it even was a fake, it worked with the official gateway FW versions 1.0-2.0b2, but the user couldnt run the FPGA update on 2.1+.......if there was fakes branded as gateway card im sure we would of seen many more of them by now....one card really :lol:........my "theory" is the card was genuine but there was a manufacturing error meaning one of the terminals was too short which meant the FPGA couldnt be updated......as i say just a theory, but i doubt if someone had made a clone that worked with the official gateway FW, they would of been churning them out like nobodies business,

but im pretty sure the black vs dark blue coloring varies between batches, especially considering they switch manufacturers a while back

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
tbh i only ever heard one story of a "fake" gateway card (i.e the shorter pin model) and tbh im somewhat skeptical that it even was a fake, it worked with the official gateway FW versions 1.0-2.0b2, but the user couldnt run the FPGA update on 2.1+.......if there was fakes branded as gateway card im sure we would of seen many more of them by now....one card really :lol:........my "theory" is the card was genuine but there was a manufacturing error meaning one of the terminals was too short which meant the FPGA couldnt be updated......as i say just a theory, but i doubt if someone had made a clone that worked with the official gateway FW, they would of been churning them out like nobodies business,

but im pretty sure the black vs dark blue coloring varies between batches, especially considering they switch manufacturers a while back

Alright, glad to know the blue wording on the red card isn't bad anymore. (They should probably update their picture to fix that..)

D

Deleted-188346

+1 because price IS a factor. not everyone has the privilege of living in America and the privilege of easy money. I remember reading a few Indian temper's comments on literally selling their kidneys just to own a N3DS/Gateway/Sky3DS.

No racism intended but that's just because only those kinds of people were the ones I found.
1) I laughed at your suggestion that America = easy money. Every country has lower socioeconomic classes that cannot afford luxury goods.
2) I've yet to see evidence that official resellers are raising their prices.
3) If they do raise their prices, so what? Just don't buy it until it returns to a regular price, just like every other non-essential commodity on the planet.

D

Deleted-355425

Well shit, now I'm confused. Mine has the blue label, but it has the right pin sizes. What do?
(Got it from a trusted reseller: WCRepairs)

the text colour is blue, that other with the 'black' is misleading, dont go by the colour, go buy the length of the gold fingers. mine have blue text and are 100% genuine.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the text colour is blue, that other with the 'black' is misleading, dont go by the colour, go buy the length of the gold fingers. mine have blue text and are 100% genuine.
mine is like a dark blueish colortext and same length of gold pins and i have gotten it from a trust seller and it 100% legit card im so excited still hope it out before christmas like ten or so days b4 then

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Sammt424

If you read this, you are an idiot.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download-jpg.12802
<---- People who bought Sky3ds when Gateway 9.2 support is released​

Dragar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Has Gateway ever lied to us bruh

I never said they had, and I don't doubt that they are a great company. I just wish I could be playing my 3ds backups now as I missed the chance to update to 9.2 I may have to wait up to months before lower firmware support is enabled, whereas Sky3ds can support all firmware versions right now.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
<snip>​

What is with all the GW elitism lol. Sky makes sense for people who just want free games without work. All you can/have to do is drag/drop files. Also, it is available now, so no need to be left in the hands of GW's soon.

GW is for people that want Region free games, Unlimited games, Rom loader, homebrew, etc

Sure GW is better, but Sky is tolerable, especially if you don't care about free games.

Sammt424

If you read this, you are an idiot.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is with all the GW elitism lol. Sky makes sense for people who just want free games without work. All you can/have to do is drag/drop files. Also, it is available now, so no need to be left in the hands of GW's soon.

GW is for people that want Region free games, Unlimited games, Rom loader, homebrew, etc

Sure GW is better, but Sky is tolerable, especially if you don't care about free games.

elitism is some big word bruh

Dragar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country

Yeah I find it quite funny that people are defending gateway to the end. Both devices have their pros and cons. Sure I prefer gateways features and such, but being able to play my backups right now is a huge plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch