Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I wonder if someones gonna start making a CFW once the Gateway exploit for 9.0-9.2 has been released. Not sure if I should wait or just buy the Gateway...

PagaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

Attachments

• GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 245

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmm... I wonder if someones gonna start making a CFW once the Gateway exploit for 9.0-9.2 has been released. Not sure if I should wait or just buy the Gateway...
people said the same when gateway was first released over a year ago and they are still waiting for that to happen....the closest anyone got was the leaked CFW which was made by dev who never intended to share anything publicly.......simply put, there is no real talented dev's interested in making free public rom loaders and i wouldnt expect any more leaks they probably dont trust anyone with it now after the leak of their old work......and other than the 3Dbrew devs, there's is nobody else really doing anything on the 3ds except homebrew and flashcards

Reactions: Shanester

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people said the same when gateway was first released over a year ago and they are still waiting for that to happen....the closest anyone got was the leaked CFW which was made by dev who never intended to share anything publicly.......simply put, there is no real talented dev's interested in making free public rom loaders and i wouldnt expect any more leaks they probably dont trust anyone with it now after the leak of their old work......and other than the 3Dbrew devs, there's is nobody else really doing anything on the 3ds except homebrew and flashcards

Good point. I'm nowhere close to an expert on the subject, but would the fact that its a kernel exploit change anything? Perhaps it would make the creation of CFW easier?

Reactions: omegart

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
does gateway enable region free for retail carts?
i'm not interested in playing roms but i own 30ish american games i want to play on a japanese new 3ds.
also but less importantly once installed do cia files require the gateway in the system?, cause i pretty much always keep pokemon in my 3ds.
As far as I know GW is region free. You can make a backup of your game and then convert it into .cia if you like but its highly recommended that you run a .cia file via emunand to avoid any sysnand damage so I guess it would be wise to keep the GW card inside your 3ds.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Good point. I'm nowhere close to an expert on the subject, but would the fact that its a kernel exploit change anything? Perhaps it would make the creation of CFW easier?

Not to mention that CFW's are a bit hairy at the moment. Dunno if it'd get better over time though. We'll just have to wait and see if someone on the internet wants to jump the gun.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

well the 4.x exploit is a kernel exploit and a very well documented one and still nobody has done anything publicly with it, dont get me wrong there is dev's who have their own private CFW's with all the bell's and whistles, but basically times are a changing, there doesn't appear to be any drive towards that goal (from anyone with the ability anyway)

Reactions: MrJason005

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What supplies do I need with the gateway? I have one single 32gb microSD right now and the red and blue gateway cards. Also I have my 9.2 3ds XL with a 32 gb SD card and some games on the SD card.
I have a Jap N3DS on its way too.
Thank you!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What exactly is multi-ROM?
Also do I not need another microSD for the blue card? And I can still use my current SD card for the gateway thats in my 3ds??
if your going to be using the 9.x exploit....nope the blue card doesnt work on 9.x and the 9.x exploit will pretty much certainly not need any NDS card stuff to work, i would say read loosely the requirements as all current guides are for 4.x, and 9.x is going to be a completely different setup most likely (well initial setup the coping roms etc will likely be the same

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly is multi-ROM?
Also do I not need another microSD for the blue card? And I can still use my current SD card for the gateway thats in my 3ds??

Not really, we probably won't need to use the blue card anymore though (unless you're at 4.5, which you will need then).

Even then, you don't need to use another MicroSD for the blue card, it will make the process a bit slower though (IF you're on 4.5 AND need to use the blue card).

And yes, you can use the SD card for .CIA installation and what not. (Go read up on the forums what are .CIAs)

Multi-Rom is a nifty little menu that lets you select multiple roms in one Micro SD card. When Gateway first popped up, it only allowed one game per MicroSD.

Reactions: lamende

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
another user posted it too. they said that it's their plan to release before Christmas but they are not sure to end development in time.

Reactions: GotKrypto76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood