Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vengenceonu, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    What about Nintendo's official Save Transfer application? It /should/ be possible to transfer it to a CIA version of the same game :unsure:

2. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest

Welp guess there is no point of holding off on buying it anymore, off to realhotstuff.com I go~
    Would get a N3DS but feels wrong to get one just for gateway and not be able to play my retail carts </3
    Damn those changeable covers!

3. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    You also getting yours on friday? Best of luck with the FW lottery for both of us :)

gamesquest1 likes this.
  4. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    did you both order from 365? Im probably going to use them, let us know if they're both on 9.0 ( I assume you both got the pal version? ) If they're 9.0 I'll stop holding off.

5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos

it's really a lovely hand held to hold too. i'm really impressed how comfortable in the hands is the new 3ds the one with changeable covers. & 3D is brilliant,also the volume control is so easy to access. this is how you make a hand held.

on the other hand the stylus pen is absolutely useless (too short & thin),lucky i have couple of the retractable stylus pens from the old 3ds.

6. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    I don't know where he ordered, I got mine from Nippon-Yasan

7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Remember the fat ds? Yeaaah. This one is much nicer compared to that. :P works well enough for me. I have slightly larger than average hands.. But for metroid Prime hunters it's great.

8. Wastelands

Wastelands Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    My system is on 9.20-20, if I order a Gateway card, will it work immediately, or is the ability to run on systems with this firmware a plan for a future update? They don't seem very clear on the website.

9. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    a plan for a future update (the very near future) :)

Wastelands likes this.
  10. Wastelands

Wastelands Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    Thanks!

11. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    Stop rubbing it in my face :(

I always kept loosing that thing, I remember sitting outside on the curb near a friend house, went back home and I lost the stylus, spent like 2 hours looking for it on the pavement, didn't help that it was also grey. I ended up loosing it in the minivan and not getting it back until we were cleaning it to sell it off. :wink:

Danjal likes this.
  12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    ill let you know(although really all Aus n3ds's should be 9.0-9.2 out of the box unless it was opened and updated), postage said 2-5 days and it shipped this morning (well yesterday morning seeing as its past 12 now)......generally speaking standard postage never usually takes more than 2 days so that's my optimistic guesstimate :P

shamzie likes this.
  13. joseph0042

joseph0042 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    Crapppp. They just posted a 9.3 warning on their main page. My AUS New 3ds xl won't be here till friday. Anyone with the AUS PAL version know if they released the 9.3 update for it as well? Or can I still update to 9.2?

14. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    You should be on 9.0 at the least. So you'll be fine. Just don't update.

15. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    My N3DS from Play-Asia just got held up at the Anchorage shipping facility, saying they need more information on it to release it.

inb4 massive tactical Nintendo recall paranoia

16. Thomas12345

Thomas12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    i think he should be more worried about his N3DS coming with 9.3, which gateway doesn't support

17. TwoBladedKnight

TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    Aus will update to 9.3, too. Mine's been nagging me to update, but AUS comes with GW compatible FW anyway.

18. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I doubt they are already shipping with 9.3... Unless Nintendo pulled stock and gave them 9.3 consoles...

19. joseph0042

joseph0042 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2012
    United States

I'm not worried about it coming with 9.3 as it was actually shipped last week via australia post, but it got sent back to sender because they won't ship lithium batteries via air. They are sending it DHL now. So this model is at least 2 weeks old.

20. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Underground
    this would be quite insane. I mean, there are a sizable amount of people buying it simply because of the chance to use gateway, kind of like how a lot of people bought Wii consoles just because of Neogamma, and later all the other loaders.

but they do seem intent on attacking this quickly. The less amount of people on 9.2 and below there are, the better in Nintendo's case.

Phantom_User likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.