Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-188346

So, tell me... Where does your sense of entitlement derive from?
If he offends you? He apologizes. However, it is just his opinion. Nothing he states is pure fact, especially in the Gateway world.

If your jimmies get rustled? That's your problem.

To be fair, Gateway have been a little naughty with the "we're finalizing", "soon", "very soon", and then taking ages. Not to mention the vague robot e-mail replies. I can absolutely sympathize with anyone that is a little frustrated. We all want the update.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, Gateway have been a little naughty with the "we're finalizing", "soon", "very soon", and then taking ages. Not to mention the vague robot e-mail replies. I can absolutely sympathize with anyone that is a little frustrated. We all want the update.

Maybe they oughtta' hire me in a year or two. I'll have my translation degree all set and from therein it'll be full speed ahead to flashcard market!

In all seriouness, I'd like to work in gaming. Be it writing reviews or news pieces, maybe making good english translations! I'd like to bring more games to my country in our native language, we can do some really funny things if we do it right.

*sigh* But that's all just a dream ...

Reactions: satel

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slightly off topic, and probably answered somewhere else but I can't find it, but is there anything I can change/do to prevent auto-updates in sleep mode without disabling internet?
That is actually one of the more 'negative' features of the device IMO.
The fact that you can't simply tell it NOT to update, but have to resort to tricks.

Really, I'll tell you when I want you to update... (Electronics should NEVER be made to think for you. Convenience will be our downfall one of these days.)
I may actually resort to plain old no-wifi completely, rather than risking that magic bullet.
Maybe they oughtta' hire me in a year or two. I'll have my translation degree all set and from therein it'll be full speed ahead to flashcard market!

In all seriouness, I'd like to work in gaming. Be it writing reviews or news pieces, maybe making good english translations! I'd like to bring more games to my country in our native language, we can do some really funny things if we do it right.

*sigh* But that's all just a dream ...
How many different languages do you know the word "soon". =P

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But i think flashcards are a different market though. People who want it are searching for it and mining information from the internet about it, as your store cant help you with it. So people who can buy it now, will buy it anyway if they released it later, so they are just gaining sales ( i think)

I always wondered if the flashcard market is also affected by holiday seasons? ( i assume it is a little bit, but percentage against the total 3ds use wise)

Maybe not so much in North America. But I guarantee you that the flashcart market is extremely well known in East Asia, especially China. Wouldn't even be a surprise to find a street-shops selling R4s and offering PS3/Wii/360 modding services. Regarding Gateway I am positive it is discussed often on Chinese forums and well known already . Even though people need to look up very specific instructions for it, it is highly likely there are already shops that sell the Gateway AND help people set up their blue cards/Emunand/etc as part of the package. So some Asian kids getting a Gateway for Christmas would be fairly common.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The fact that you can't simply tell it NOT to update, but have to resort to tricks.

Really, I'll tell you when I want you to update... (Electronics should NEVER be made to think for you. Convenience will be our downfall one of these days.)
I may actually resort to plain old no-wifi completely, rather than risking that magic bullet.

Thats what I've been doing so far.. But the system feels... dead? without it.

Reactions: Danjal
D

Deleted-188346

Just wait for the day where we have cheap satellite-based internet coverage, and the "New New New New New New 3DS™" doesn't come with a wifi switch, or even the ability to stop connecting to the internet.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If he offends you? He apologizes. However, it is just his opinion. Nothing he states is pure fact, especially in the Gateway world.

If your jimmies get rustled? That's your problem.

I know. I do, too. :) An update on the update would be nice. I just don't agree with "why isn't it out yet".

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I know. I do, too. :) An update on the update would be nice. I just don't agree with "why isn't it out yet".
Well .. If you really want to stretch it out a bit. He IS entitled to SOMETHING. Let's assume that he bought a Gateway device due to the original announcement. Two weeks later, his resolve is ironed out due to a very convincing video.

It isn't farfetched. A team with a good track record (nevermind b2) announcing they're providing support for a firmware previously untempered? Gateway's social status in our micro-society more or less has a play in tempering anyone's decision. It's their influence. That has an effect on people (in this case, everyone's anxiety issues, including mine).

Sure, you can argue that, whatever happens, it's all his dumb fault. But you can't deny the fact that Gateway delivers. And if Gateway has been delivering for quite some time, the expectation you have out of them rises.

Culminating in actual entitlement to SOMETHING despite it not being material at any given point in time.

Do note that most of my post is poking light fun at you :P a sort of tease, if you will, but situations like these are very real in our world, and arguments like the ones I shoved at you are at the forefront of an argumental war. There's even more bullsh*t that can be spewn just to prove a point. :lol:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well .. If you really want to stretch it out a bit. He IS entitled to SOMETHING. Let's assume that he bought a Gateway device due to the original announcement. Two weeks later, his resolve is ironed out due to a very convincing video.

It isn't farfetched. A team with a good track record (nevermind b2) announcing they're providing support for a firmware previously untempered? Gateway's social status in our micro-society more or less has a play in tempering anyone's decision. It's their influence. That has an effect on people (in this case, everyone's anxiety issues, including mine).

Sure, you can argue that, whatever happens, it's all his dumb fault. But you can't deny the fact that Gateway delivers. And if Gateway has been delivering for quite some time, the expectation you have out of them rises.

Culminating in actual entitlement to SOMETHING despite it not being material at any given point in time.

Do note that most of my post is poking light fun at you :P , but situations like these are very real in our world, and arguments like these are at the forefront of an argumental war. There's even more bullshit that can be spewn just to prove a point. :lol:

It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye.

I guess that's the problem, lately. No one can comprehend the work that goes in to this. Sure, they had a video showcasing all of the fun and nifty features that Gateway has to offer. (-1) Doesn't mean we will be seeing a release quite yet. Bugs need to be squashed, sheesh. I wish I had my hat. :(

Reactions: Phantom_User

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye.

I guess that's the problem, lately. No one can comprehend the work that goes in to this. Sure, they had a video showcasing all of the fun and nifty features that Gateway has to offer. (-1) Doesn't mean we will be seeing a release quite yet. Bugs need to be squashed, sheesh. I wish I had my hat. :(

so you can tip it like a real pro. "Nothing Personal Kid".

Reactions: Kioku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1