Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That makes no sense though since Gateway is not even based in the US, its like saying, China should have warned the US about 9/11 and other things because they are 12 hours ahead of the US
i'll just leave this here for people bringing up timezones.....they are irrelevant, its 48h from when he said it.....no matter what time zone your in

Reactions: emas

emas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'll just leave this here for people bringing up timezones.....they are irrelevant, its 48h from when he said it.....no matter what time zone your in
yep, theres no need for converting, since the posting time here is shown in our own timezone ...

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No need to format since it's only a 4GB. Also, just to make sure, you have a micro SD to SD adapter right (the card where you insert the micro SD)?

Put the new one in the 3DS, let the system "format" the card, and transfer everything over.

So I should place my new micro sd with the adapter in the 3ds. Let it format it and then copy everything from the previous sd card on my new microsd and I am set?

Reactions: Kenneth196

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

That is indeed true. But we have to establish WHEN he said it. That's where timezones become important as many could get confused by just looking at screenshots of his posts that mention that 48 hour time window. Due to timezone differences they might think that 48 hour clock started sooner or later then they think. ;)

Reactions: Melon__Bread

jazariz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ambassador ones do, doesn't mean normal ones will.

tumblr_mt6fq6puxE1s4zsgso1_500.gif

I might know where ill get my new 3ds from

Reactions: Melon__Bread
D

Deleted-355425

So we have another day infront of us (if whatever was revealed is true)

Fast question. I got my sd cards today. I want to change the 2GB SD card from my 3ds with a 4gb microsd that I just got. Do I just need to format to exfat and copy the contents or do I need to do something else too?
SD card in the 3DS or the gateway card ?

The_Time_Is_Nigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. they simply know that piracy sells consoles. lol

If you think nintendo doesn't want piracy at all you are mistaken... Do you know how many consoles has nintendo sold just because 3ds can be hacked? I wouldn't even be amazed if I found out that flashcard teams are run under nintendo...

Nope. I got my certification as a game developer and saw firsthand that piracy destroys companies. Most consoles are sold at a loss, Nintendo tipped this and is selling 3DS at a slight profit, but with bundles and the like, and paying to advertise and sell their 3DS', even then, it comes out to a net loss selling the units. Piracy is bad for them, they rely on you, the consumer, buying the games to stay afloat, and with Nintendo in the position they are in (especially with the Wii U being a huge flop), they don't want the Gateway to exist. As KnightOnline said, it's simply a packaging situation. They package units months in advance in preparation for shipping them out to stores, and they will come with 9.3+ as soon as Nintendo can get that situated, but it will NOT be in the first wave in any country.

Also, hello folks! I've been lurking since less than page 100, and none of you had given me a reason to become a member and join the conversation until I saw this flagrant misunderstanding of how the game industry works, but it's given me an excuse to join the hype train.

Hope to be playing on my Gateway as much as you guys, and don't mean to start any fights, just want to keep you guys updated with the correct information!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That is indeed true. But we have to establish WHEN he said it. That's where timezones become important as many could get confused by just looking at screenshots of his posts that mention that 48 hour time window. Due to timezone differences they might think that 48 hour clock started sooner or later then they think. ;)
pretty sure it will be whater timezone it was for the OP....afaik maxconsole displays post times using your local time zone.....so the timezone was that of the OP

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You got it

Ok I did this.
1 enter my new microsd with adapter in 3ds and let it create homemenu management stuff on its own.
2 copy the previous contents on the new microsd
3 put new micro sd again in 3ds

Everything is missing from my homescreen now. Did I do something wrong?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's actually the time zone of whomever took the screenshots then. ;)
yeah, thats what i was pointing out .......i will try to be more clear next time :P

but then again it will be the timezone as selected on mxconsole, by the person who took the screenshot.....he may of picked the wrong timezone, or moved timezones since signing up ;)

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not at all, actually. Just making sure people understand that what you said is completely incorrect! :)

I think it's pretty obvious that companies don't want piracy to happen freely. What you stated is simply the obvious.

But there's also nothing wrong with what I said. Piracy sells consoles. That's a fact. Unless you make them, if you want to pirate something, you need to have the console first. I never said if it's good or bad. ;)

Reactions: darmani11

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I did this.
1 enter my new microsd with adapter in 3ds and let it create homemenu management stuff on its own.

I seem to remember that your 3ds data is stored in a folder with a random string of letters for a name. When you've created the new folder on your 3ds you have to copy all the files from inside the old randomly named folder into the newly created one. Not just copy the entire folder/card over.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did this.

Nah you did everything correct. That happened to me once before as well. I just deleted everything that was created off of the new card, formatted it to FAT32 in Windows, copied everything from old card to new, and stuck it back in the 3DS.

Sorry if I gave you bad advice. I guess it's hit or miss sometimes.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I seem to remember that your 3ds data is stored in a folder with a random string of letters for a name. When you've created the new folder on your 3ds you have to copy all the files from inside the old randomly named folder into the newly created one. Not just copy the entire folder/card over.

yep just noticed this right before you answered :) thanks anyway

Reactions: ChrisRX

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok I did this.

delete everything from the SD and copy the old stuff on again....if it creates the data management stuff the old folders will be ignored, just delete it all and copy it on again

D

Deleted-355425

yep just noticed this right before you answered :) thanks anyway
just take the card out of the 3DS and put it onto the PC and take its contents and put it on your desktop, put the new card in your pc and format it in fat32, then move the contents from your desktop to your new card and put it into the 3DS, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back