Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta say.. It was fun at first, now it's just sad. A cluster of newbies asking one question a thousand times. That or awful speculation about waiting for the American release (not likely to be soon enough). That and the spam. Who cares what some troll does to his device?

im so sad i think ill go to the corner and think about whats bad in this thread :P

Reactions: Kioku

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for the ppl that think that gateway will wait for the nn3ds release in EU/USA are bonkers, for example if lets imagine that right now there are 1000 units with 4.5, and 1 million with 9.2, including the nn3ds, if they wait for the release of the nn3ds in US/EU they would increase the sales but at the price of months of dryness because the gateway simply is not for everyone right now and sky3ds are selling, also we now that the nn3ds in US/EU will come with the firmware that patches gateway vulnerability if nintendo knows what is the exploit that its coming and possibly will be patched, so its a loss for the ppl that want that but in a marketing way of thinking its best for them to release it asap to skyrocket their sales, destroy the sky3ds and become the only option in reality
^ This ^

The number of N3DS devices that the western market would bring, compared to the number of sales they'd lose out on by skipping the EU/US holiday period?
Does not compare in scale. They'd "win" on the side with the people that buy the N3DS on launch - but lose out on the wider mainstream audience thats getting a flash card for their parent/sibling/significant other/child etc, an audience that now opts for the only alternative that actually WORKS on the 9.x devices.

The industry does not cater to early adopters. It caters to numbers. And those numbers don't lie.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the ppl that think that gateway will wait for the nn3ds release in EU/USA are bonkers, for example if lets imagine that right now there are 1000 units with 4.5, and 1 million with 9.2, including the nn3ds, if they wait for the release of the nn3ds in US/EU they would increase the sales but at the price of months of dryness because the gateway simply is not for everyone right now and sky3ds are selling, also we now that the nn3ds in US/EU will come with the firmware that patches gateway vulnerability if nintendo knows what is the exploit that its coming and possibly will be patched, so its a loss for the ppl that want that but in a marketing way of thinking its best for them to release it asap to skyrocket their sales, destroy the sky3ds and become the only option in reality

sky3ds are selling,
nope

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why Gateway will or will not wait for USA/EUR release yada yada yada because reasons Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. lolformatting

^The last twenty pages summed up.

Reactions: ground

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ This ^

The number of N3DS devices that the western market would bring, compared to the number of sales they'd lose out on by skipping the EU/US holiday period?
Does not compare in scale. They'd "win" on the side with the people that buy the N3DS on launch - but lose out on the wider mainstream audience thats getting a flash card for their parent/sibling/significant other/child etc, an audience that now opts for the only alternative that actually WORKS on the 9.x devices.

The industry does not cater to early adopters. It caters to numbers. And those numbers don't lie.
But i think flashcards are a different market though. People who want it are searching for it and mining information from the internet about it, as your store cant help you with it. So people who can buy it now, will buy it anyway if they released it later, so they are just gaining sales ( i think)

I always wondered if the flashcard market is also affected by holiday seasons? ( i assume it is a little bit, but percentage against the total 3ds use wise)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
after long time of reading & watching reviews i've decided to order the N3DS & i just did it no going back. the reason why i choose it over XL is because 3D on sharper screen will look better. :) plus it's a bit more portable.

looks like i'm going to have to make my own screen protectors since i can't find them on sale anywhere.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But i think flashcards are a different market though. People who want it are searching for it and mining information from the internet about it, as your store cant help you with it. So people who can buy it now, will buy it anyway if they released it later, so they are just gaining sales ( i think)

I always wondered if the flashcard market is also affected by holiday seasons? ( i assume it is a little bit, but percentage against the total 3ds use wise)
It is affected by it, and its significantly affected by it.

The thing is, during holiday seasons people splurge more than normal. So, if you have that little bit of extra cash - its gonna get spent during that holiday period.
While it is true that someone looking to buy a flash card and wants to do so informed will "wait" - thats only a part of your sales.

Just looking at the replies here alone I've seen half a dozen people coming past to ask for advice which flash card to get for their *child*.
Not only does this imply that the person talking may not always be the most informed (atleast on this particular topic), and thus relies on the information of others rather than their own search. But also that the ultimate user is a younger individual. And when do you buy presents for your kid? -> The holiday season.

A secondary effect is the indirect one. As you say, the flashcards themselves are a bit of an underground market, you don't just go to your local cornerstore and buy them.
But who buys a flashcard? Well clearly someone who owns a 3DS (XL) - and it just so happens that handhelds are a reasonably common holiday gift.

So, we have a lot of people buying handhelds and limited pocketmoney to spend. Majority audience not going to "wait" post-season for a gift.
When is your best bet to sell?
Do you really think that Timmy will be happy with a Gateway for Christmas if its not yet functional? Or is daddy-dearest going to be more inclined to put the holiday credits on a SKY3DS instead and judge that the 10-game-limit is an acceptable compromise? Afterall, 10 games are more than (n)one.

When you consider the group that is "in the know", you're ignoring the majority audience out there.
And that also works for more shady markets like flash cards.

Reactions: ground

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, this is completely unrelated to the discussion at hand but.. Whenever Gateway drops a private beta (if they do) it'll take them about a week to make a public release.

Just remembered this little fact everyone should know.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gateway may just lose all of the Christmas orders now if they don't release their current firmware software update. A device not working on the latest firmware is a failure. I'm growing sick of waiting. One month after the update announcement still nothing? I expected them to be done for the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire but nope.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but it always seems to get leaked.

or about 2 minutes for someone to leak it

Yeeeah ~ But there's still people who don't feel comfortable using it so .. It'll gauge their waiting time I suppose :lol:

Gateway may just lose all of the Christmas orders now if they don't release their current firmware software update. A device not working on the latest firmware is a failure. I'm growing sick of waiting. One month after the update announcement still nothing? I expected them to be done for the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire but nope.
Well.. To be perfectly honest one month hasn't exactly passed yet :P

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Slightly off topic, and probably answered somewhere else but I can't find it, but is there anything I can change/do to prevent auto-updates in sleep mode without disabling internet?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

So, tell me... Where does your sense of entitlement derive from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/florida/2024/06/15/man-arrested-as-florida-deputies-find-human-...