Hacking GATEWAY 3DS WONT BOOT EMUNAND AFTER EMUNAND UPDATE

heroarc8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not that the team are lazy its that its card had been blocked after firmware 9.2

in order to make it work on higher firmwares then it would require a new flash card.

so correct me if i am not wrong, but did gateway keep working on bringing updates and support for users following 9.2, to be able to keep using the console and card for as long as possible?

or did they say fuck this shit, lets release a new gateway card and force customers to buy a new card.

people can call them lazy as much as they like, end of the day gateway card does exactly as it says, it plays roms, it has cheat codes, it allows the user to run homebrew apps.

problem here is the user is stupid and cant follow the DAY 1 RULE, NEVER PERFORM CONSOLE UPDATES BEYOND THE FIRMWARE THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN CLEARLY STATED.

if you follow this simple rule then you should have no problems, i mean i have no problems using my card on my 9.2 console.

people are funny they bitch about a device to allow them to play games without having to buy them, yet demand full console features which nintendo and any other console set out to prevent and block such devices.

so you must accept that these devices are limited to current exploits and that the day will come that your device will no longer work.

so do you bitch for getting games for free, or buy your fecking games and have full access to the console and game features.

yup think i got that right.

ohh wait, now the flood gates open to users claiming to purchase their games but prefer to create a "legit" backup to avoid carrying multiple 3inch cards because that is such a problem and complication in life......

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but on topic, you can actually delete the emunand partition, all this is is a hidden partiton on your sd card that only your console can detect.

remove that or your sd card and your console will boot as normal, beck to its default firmware..... that is if it was emunand that you did the update and not your sysnand.
Thanks man, but please don't fight :) Really appreciate all your feedback :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
its not that the team are lazy its that its card had been blocked after firmware 9.2

in order to make it work on higher firmwares then it would require a new flash card.

so correct me if i am not wrong, but did gateway keep working on bringing updates and support for users following 9.2, to be able to keep using the console and card for as long as possible?

or did they say fuck this shit, lets release a new gateway card and force customers to buy a new card.

people can call them lazy as much as they like, end of the day gateway card does exactly as it says, it plays roms, it has cheat codes, it allows the user to run homebrew apps.

problem here is the user is stupid and cant follow the DAY 1 RULE, NEVER PERFORM CONSOLE UPDATES BEYOND THE FIRMWARE THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN CLEARLY STATED.

if you follow this simple rule then you should have no problems, i mean i have no problems using my card on my 9.2 console.

people are funny they bitch about a device to allow them to play games without having to buy them, yet demand full console features which nintendo and any other console set out to prevent and block such devices.

so you must accept that these devices are limited to current exploits and that the day will come that your device will no longer work.

so do you bitch for getting games for free, or buy your fecking games and have full access to the console and game features.

yup think i got that right.

ohh wait, now the flood gates open to users claiming to purchase their games but prefer to create a "legit" backup to avoid carrying multiple 3inch cards because that is such a problem and complication in life......

but on topic, you can actually delete the emunand partition, all this is is a hidden partiton on your sd card that only your console can detect.

remove that or your sd card and your console will boot as normal, beck to its default firmware..... that is if it was emunand that you did the update and not your sysnand.
They did, up to a point. They did make that halfassed Fast Boot thing that while kinda crappy at least gave people on higher firmware a way to boot GW mode until they decided just to support A9LH.
if you made the backup after fastboot install..then it will be useless
It's an emuNAND backup, Fast Boot is installed on sysNAND. So no, it won't.

belgari

Belgari
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As a quick fix if you dont have a older nand to flash to your emunand, google for a CTRNAND 9.2 for your console model and flash it trough godmode9.
just copy the ctrnand.bin to your sd and navigate trough godmode9 and click it, will show you 2 option, emunand or sysnand, select emunand and let the magic happens...

heroarc8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working again on my 9.2 GWMode!

My problem now is how to update GW Mode to later firmware

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working again on my 9.2 GWMode!

My problem now is how to update GW Mode to later firmware
if you are back to default gateway mode, look at the options but i would avoid fastboot, but you could go down the route of emunand again.

but while your here at this point, if you havent already, make a backup of your nand and keep it safe.

Reactions: Zidapi

heroarc8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the 3ds running 11.6.0-39 GW. I found a tutorial on Youtube. :)

The bad thing is some of my cia installed games on my previous Emunand cant be played but can they exist and can be viewed via FBI.

If I try to Launch the title, black screen and says SD Card was Removed.

Last edited by heroarc8,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am talking about the DS flash card, not the 3DS, i didn't say dstwo plus.
err... neither did I?

EDIT: at any rate, this thread is getting way off topic. @heroarc8 : install b9s if you haven't already and boot your emunand through Luma, then use sysupdater to downgrade the emunand to 11.3. You should be fine. Make a backup first with emunandtool or GodMode9 or something before you do it, in case something messes up.

Last edited by urherenow,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
err... neither did I?

EDIT: at any rate, this thread is getting way off topic. @heroarc8 : install b9s if you haven't already and boot your emunand through Luma, then use sysupdater to downgrade the emunand to 11.3. You should be fine. Make a backup first with emunandtool or GodMode9 or something before you do it,tit in case something messes up.[/QUOTtotalE]

I prefer the 11.6 11.2 hybrid. It will get online and run the newest titles. In this case you would only really need to downgrade 3 titles andthe emunand will work again

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now a question for a friend about hybrid 11.6..he want to use GW..but has luma sysnand 11.6 and emu 11.6...but on a N2DSXL....it is possible to do it on N2DS XL (i dont want to start a fight like before so dont worry) its a serious question. and that may sound dumb from me but i am apoligizing for that what i said (i have serious problems sometimes...i am raging without knowing what i say)

lets say i am raging and say some things...later i dont remember it

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no but emunand
if you use it on 11.6 sysNAND youll lose B9S (and i heard that you can brick a N3DS/XL, N2DS XL ) when you do it...but not sure with the brick thing

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... there's a way to get Gateway working on 11.6 sysNAND!?
While having an 11.6 sysnand, you can launch GW into an 11.3 emunand (or a frankenfirmware emunand). NEVER launch GW in sysnand mode above 11.3 (until months from now when GW finally releases an update).

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
While having an 11.6 sysnand, you can launch GW into an 11.3 emunand (or a frankenfirmware emunand). NEVER launch GW in sysnand mode above 11.3 (until months from now when GW finally releases an update).
Yeah, already know that... but I don't really want to create an emuNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.