Gateway 3DS Where to Buy UK + A couple of questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shakoor_h, Aug 23, 2014.

1. shakoor_h
    OP

shakoor_h Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    Hi all,

I've decided that I need to buy a Gateway 3DS. I bought an R4i Gold Deluxe card when I got my 3DS about 10 months ago, and have regretted it almost immediately after buying it, and it seems like Gateway are the only ones that actually break encryption for games so it seems more future proof. In any case, does anyone know where I can buy one from the UK that is reliable+cheap?

Also, my main reason for getting one is in order to play Pokemon.

1. Will it work straight away? Or do you need to do something special?
    2. Is there any ROM incompatibility?
    Bonus question: Is there any truth to the rumours that Gateway might release a new card at some point?

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    1. Yes, it will work straight away without doing anything special. Though do keep in mind that to go online, you'll need to have the latest patches, which can only be gotten from the eShop. And eShop can only be accessed from the latest firmware, which is incompatible right now.
    2. Only a few. The most notable is Tomodachi Life. This has to do with the way these ROMs have been encrypted. They use a new kind of encryption that people here refer to as the 7.x (SDK) encryption. But Gateway seems to have cracked this encryption and is going to release an update "in the coming weeks".
    Bonus: No. There has been no talk at all about a new card. In fact, the internal firmware of the Gateway card is updatable, so needing a new card is very unlikely.

3. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    If you go on their site and to the resellers section it will have a site to buy from the UK, that's what I did, Teensy I think it was called, It arrived quickly with no issues it's a genuine card. Never say never in regards to needing new cards but I dont think it'll be anytime soon. They referenced it on an update a while back (infact we can do all this with our current cards) this is probably where the rumours of needing a new card started but you won't need one anytime soon if ever. All roms are compatibile It's just a matter of waiting for the new update.

4. noki@

noki@ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    Not long ago all the Gateway cards started to go out of stock, hence speculation started that perhaps they were making a new card, it turned out not to be true, and the same original cards came back in stock eventually.

5. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    i'd personally try nds-card.com, as also recommended by GBATemp themselves.

You'll be waiting at least a week or two for it to arrive from Hong Kong, but trust me... it'll be worth the wait, then you get it (especially, with the new update coming in just a matter of weeks or even days). :)

6. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
  7. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Yeahgeek if you have visa.
    Nop. We were afraid before the emunand that Gateway has indeed moved but was false.
    They will probably never do that.

8. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    you need cheaper gateway, of course you can't choose the local seller, they price will be very expensive.
    you can choose the shipping from China, Hongkong or Singapore, the price will cheaper.
    shiping time: China > Hongkong > Singapore
    price: Singapore > Hongkong > China

9. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Yeageek is the cheapest

10. carlos2013

carlos2013 Banned

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
  11. shakoor_h