Hacking Gateway 3DS using Ultra Firmware not being detected

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I been searching like crazy what MSET is and I just can't find it. What is it and how do i get on my 3Ds?
It is the technical term for the profile exploit used on 4.x systems. I never used the profile exploit so I am not going to be much help. Run the diagnostics again and see it it fails.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the technical term for the profile exploit used on 4.x systems. I never used the profile exploit so I am not going to be much help. Run the diagnostics again and see it it fails.

Oh ok, well the profile exploit just takes me to the Gateway Menu and that is where my card was not identified. How can i do the same process I did when it worked where it just skipped the Gateway Menu directly to Main Menu in Emunand Mode?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that is possible because I think you need to switch cards to the red one. The same thing happens with the new 3ds.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not reset, reseat as in eject it and put it back in. :)
Oh sorry yes I did it several times.

I think part of the problem lies that I can't create Emunand from gateway menu even tough there is a success message when I choose format Emunand , I think this is happening because when I insert the card on my pc I don't see any extra files

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry yes I did it several times.

I think part of the problem lies that I can't create Emunand from gateway menu even tough there is a success message when I choose format Emunand , I think this is happening because when I insert the card on my pc I don't see any extra files
You will not see any extra files because emunand is in an I allocated partition that windows cannot see. You can use emunand tool to extract a backup of your emunand to verify it was created.

You still haven't reported the results of the diagnostics.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will not see any extra files because emunand is in an I allocated partition that windows cannot see. You can use emunand tool to extract a backup of your emunand to verify it was created.

You still haven't reported the results of the diagnostics.

Done! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429947395.233449.jpg

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who did you buy it from and when? That sure looks like a malfunctioning cart to me.

Mexican retailer, it was working perfectly fine yesterday after using rxtools for some reason like I mentioned, the thing is that after using rxtools and doing the browser xploit on 9.2 it would skip gateway menu and go directly to Emunand in Gw mode. But after I downgraded it goes to Gw menu. I tried some roms and it worked pretty good when I was in 9.2

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is expected and normal booting behavior for the cart. Browser exploit after first time goes automatically to emunand. DS Profile requires a card change so it stops at GW menu, CN and Oot exploit on N3DS stop as well,

Maybe the downgrade did not go right or you used the wrong region downgrade file?

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is expected and normal booting behavior for the cart. Browser exploit after first time goes automatically to emunand. DS Profile requires a card change so it stops at GW menu, CN and Oot exploit on N3DS stop as well,

Maybe the downgrade did not go right or you used the wrong region downgrade file?

Could be, when is the time I'm suppose to change blue card for red? Before going to settings and to profile?

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country

May the gods cast extra light on you for being so patient and willingly helping this person. Patience is big in this one...eeerrrhhhh (yoda voice)

Sure hope next time I am having tecical difcuties, it's you who help me

On the matter...

I once experienced kinda the same problem. I couldnt get my n3ds to go into emu, even though I saw the ultra dragon. Turns out that my sd card is a bit picky on where it is seated in the gw card. In my case , the sd can't be read if it's pressed all the way into the gw card. Maybe because it is old. i bought it aug 2013.

Reactions: thorasgar

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May the gods cast extra light on you for being so patient and willingly helping this person. Patience is big in this one...eeerrrhhhh (yoda voice)

Sure hope next time I am having tecical difcuties, it's you who help me

On the matter...

I once experienced kinda the same problem. I couldnt get my n3ds to go into emu, even though I saw the ultra dragon. Turns out that my sd card is a bit picky on where it is seated in the gw card. In my case , the sd can't be read if it's pressed all the way into the gw card. Maybe because it is old. i bought it aug 2013.

You meant the micro sd card?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very true memory cards and flashcarts can be very finicky and have contact issues. The old Acekard was famous for this. Sometimes trying a different sd/mSD solvers the problem.

In drive88mph's case the mSD in the gateway should not be a cause of the problem because a mSD is not required in the Gateway to boot into emunand.

I believe you keep the blue card in until you launch the GW menu, then switch to red card and select boot gateway mode.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is very true memory cards and flashcarts can be very finicky and have contact issues. The old Acekard was famous for this. Sometimes trying a different sd/mSD solvers the problem.

In drive88mph's case the mSD in the gateway should not be a cause of the problem because a mSD is not required in the Gateway to boot into emunand.

I believe you keep the blue card in until you launch the GW menu, then switch to red card and select boot gateway mode.
Yeah, that's the way I do it. I also switched msdcards just in case but no results. I'm gonna meet with another dealers today and try a sky3ds in my system before buying. I'm getting tired

But yes before proceeding, I have to say thanks for your patience and support thorasgar :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.