Hacking Gateway 3DS using Ultra Firmware not being detected

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand? Isn't that option only available from the gw settings screen?

What files are region-dependent?
In sysnand you can reformat sysnand from the last page of the settings menu. I thought that is what you were asking about. I do believe the gateway launcher is region dependent, it has been a awhile since I messed with my o3ds. You are using a old 3ds, correct?

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In sysnand you can reformat sysnand from the last page of the settings menu. I thought that is what you were asking about. I do believe the gateway launcher is region dependent, it has been a awhile since I messed with my o3ds. You are using a old 3ds, correct?
Yes it's a blue xl 3ds, in gateway site I only see a single download, I don't see downloads for different regions :(

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's a blue xl 3ds, in gateway site I only see a single download, I don't see downloads for different regions :(

I could be wrong about that but I seem to recall different folders within the download for different regions. I do not have access to my pc right now to look at my archives.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I could be wrong about that but I seem to recall different folders within the download for different regions. I do not have access to my pc right now to look at my archives.

The different folders were only for the CN/OOT saves. Launcher itself is one launcher all regions.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm about to give up now, I already formatted my 3ds and tried formatting my sd card with the launcher file and all I can do from the xploit is to go to a black screen and return to dashboard (closing browser down) . I will try it on another friend 3ds tomorrow but I'm already thinking on buying a sky3ds card. Good idea?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to give up now, I already formatted my 3ds and tried formatting my sd card with the launcher file and all I can do from the xploit is to go to a black screen and return to dashboard (closing browser down) . I will try it on another friend 3ds tomorrow but I'm already thinking on buying a sky3ds card. Good idea?

You might try seeing if you're able to launch rxtools.

http://rxtools.net/#!howto

Click How-To, select 9, 2. It will tell you to download some things and put them on the SD card and then scan a QR code after.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad idea. (My opinion) The diagnostics showed a failing or failed card. It happens but it is rare.

I certainly understand your frustration as I had problems initially as well. It turned out the card reader on my printer was malfunctioning and an $8 reader solved it all. Try a different card reader as well.

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might try seeing if you're able to launch rxtools.

http://rxtools.net/#!howto

Click How-To, select 9, 2. It will tell you to download some things and put them on the SD card and then scan a QR code after.

Was able to launch rxtools...what now?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429775270.205854.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I kept fooling around and now I can't even enter Gw setup mode anymore all I see is the red dragon on the top screen and then screen goes black and goes back to dashboard

I'm totally lost :(

View attachment 18394
.......errr thats what happens when you enter GW mode......did you press select?
After choosing launch rxtools in that last screen I'm going back to main screen of 3ds :(

Tried to access again and now stuck

601d26a2a2443cc82d9de78455bac4e1.jpg
and thats what happens if you enter Rxmode and then try enter Rxtools again without rebooting........once your in GW/RX mode it will just kick you back to the homescreen, that is exactly what should be happening........once there dont try running it again

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.......errr thats what happens when you enter GW mode......did you press select?

and thats what happens if you enter Rxmode and then try enter Rxtools again without rebooting........once your in GW/RX mode it will just kick you back to the homescreen, that is exactly what should be happening........once there dont try running it again

Whoooooooooo yes it works now!!!!! But wasn't I suppose to go to Gw setup first so I can backup the Emunand and all that stuff?

Now please help me understand, I can keep booting roms as long as I want but when will I need Internet for the xploit? If I power off? Can I keep playing and just keep charging so I don't use internet if I travel?

Thanks!!!!!!! Finally!

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoooooooooo yes it works now!!!!! But wasn't I suppose to go to Gw setup first so I can backup the Emunand and all that stuff?

Now please help me understand, I can keep booting roms as long as I want but when will I need Internet for the xploit? If I power off? Can I keep playing and just keep charging so I don't use internet if I travel?

Thanks!!!!!!! Finally!

1. When you run the browser exploit it will boot automatically to emunand. In order to see the Gateway menu hold the L trigger when you see the white/grey screen. From here you can back up sysnand etc. ((hopefully you have done that already, in not Do It Now!)
2. Gateway menu does not backup emunand. Use emunand tool to back up it up and then copy the contents of the mSD card to PC.
3. If you enter system settings or there is a crash/freeze you will need to run the browser exploit again. Yes, leaving it charged will keep you in emunand but there can be crashes fro sleep mode for long periods of time (reportedly). Leaving the gateway card in the system during sleep drains the battery faster.
4. If you have an Android there is a method to set up a off line server to run the exploit, maybe even a jailbroken iPhone.
5. Leaving wifi on in sleep mode will download an update for emunand or sysnand. Turn wifi off. Warning ATT free wifi and Nintendo zones will download an update even if you do not have internet connections setup. You must diasable wireless to prevent this.
6. To play original cartridges you boot into "classic" mode from the gateway menu. It is dangerous to play them from sysnand because they contain updates and potentiality can update your sysnand. The problem is updates do not apply to classic mode. Solutions are being worked on but it is best to play games with updates as Rome from emunand for now.

Good to hear it is working out for you now. :)

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. When you run the browser exploit it will boot automatically to emunand. In order to see the Gateway menu hold the L trigger when you see the white/grey screen. From here you can back up sysnand etc. ((hopefully you have done that already, in not Do It Now!)
2. Gateway menu does not backup emunand. Use emunand tool to back up it up and then copy the contents of the mSD card to PC.
3. If you enter system settings or there is a crash/freeze you will need to run the browser exploit again. Yes, leaving it charged will keep you in emunand but there can be crashes fro sleep mode for long periods of time (reportedly). Leaving the gateway card in the system during sleep drains the battery faster.
4. If you have an Android there is a method to set up a off line server to run the exploit, maybe even a jailbroken iPhone.
5. Leaving wifi on in sleep mode will download an update for emunand or sysnand. Turn wifi off. Warning ATT free wifi and Nintendo zones will download an update even if you do not have internet connections setup. You must diasable wireless to prevent this.
6. To play original cartridges you boot into "classic" mode from the gateway menu. It is dangerous to play them from sysnand because they contain updates and potentiality can update your sysnand. The problem is updates do not apply to classic mode. Solutions are being worked on but it is best to play games with updates as Rome from emunand for now.

Good to hear it is working out for you now. :)

Wow, so what are my best options if I travel and if I have an iPhone not jailbroken?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so what are my best options if I travel and if I have an iPhone not jailbroken?
^this. I ended up with the n3ds but I was considering a cheap used android, creaked screen whatever. Was just going to leave it powered down until I needed it.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dowgrade..,im a little bit afraid of this.., what could be the most secure process to do it?
Just so you know. 6.x games were introduced around Oct 2013, so anything after that would not work as a retail cart.

There is only one process to do it, but as long as you have a sysnand backup no permanent damage can come from it. I would hold off a bit until you become more familiar with your GW. Keep reading here and you will pick it all up.

Reactions: drive88mph

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know. 6.x games were introduced around Oct 2013, so anything after that would not work as a retail cart.

There is only one process to do it, but as long as you have a sysnand backup no permanent damage can come from it. I would hold off a bit until you become more familiar with your GW. Keep reading here and you will pick it all up.

I have only a couple of retail games with almost no play time so I could just get the backup on a rom and play those instead

But like you are saying I will hold on, thank you!!!!

drive88mph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only a couple of retail games with almost no play time so I could just get the backup on a rom and play those instead

But like you are saying I will hold on, thank you!!!!

So I was able to downgrade to 4.2, installed exploit from Blue Card and suddenly Im back to zero (stuck at Gateway Menu, trying Gateway Mode and system not detecting card again) I already formatted EMunand.... :( anything else I may need to try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...