Hacking Gateway 3ds save file corrupted...

logon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ive been happily playing mario and luigi dream and today my save file was randomly corrupted.
If anyone knows any software I could try to get it back it would be much appreciated

EDIT: Ill add a little more information
When I put the sav back on a NEW SD card
When I boot the rom it says "The card was removed press the home button"
When I press the home button it disables gateway mode
Then I launch the game a second time it either jams saying "Nintendo 3ds"
or it says "The game data is corrupted and must be deleted. Delete and create new game data?"

EDIT 2: Ericthegreat had a great idea. If anyone has a sav file at all (preferably around wakeport or Mount PajaMaja I'd really appreciate it). Thanks in advance

Edit 3: I've decided to put my CORRUPTED sav file here if anyone wants to attempt too fix it.

Attachments

• Dream team save.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 342

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for me mario luigi was working great, now i got trouble to launch the game, i'm start to think, gateway product, is not that great product ... too much trouble with ...

logon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do not lose your faith so fast. You can try different (earlier) games, then report if the problem still exists :)
I haven't had any problems. Sadly I was using a slow SD card and never got round to changing it. I think its my fault for being lazy. I spent around 15 hours on dream team ):

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any problems. Sadly I was using a slow SD card and never got round to changing it. I think its my fault for being lazy. I spent around 15 hours on dream team ):
With ds flashcarts I got into the habit of backing up saves every so often. (and it saved my saves multiple times)

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does Gateway make a save for each game?
If i play 2 games then it makes 2 saves?
I can backup them to my pc too?
Are they on the root of the microsd?

logon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They are NOT stored on the micro sd card

1. Yes it does
2. Yes it will make 2 separate files on the sd card
3. Yes you can (I wish I did XD)
4. They are on the root of the Sd (NOT micro)

Reactions: skarthebloodchild

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Yes, each game has its own saves.
Yes, but I don't know how well they work when you try to reuse them.
No, they go onto the 3DS' SD card.
Ninja'd. ):

D

Deleted User

Ive been happily playing mario and luigi dream and today my save file was randomly corrupted.
If anyone knows any software I could try to get it back it would be much appreciated

EDIT: Ill add a little more information
When I put the sav back on a NEW SD card
When I boot the rom it says "The card was removed press the home button"
When I press the home button it disables gateway mode
Then I launch the game a second time it either jams saying "Nintendo 3ds"
or it says "The game data is corrupted and must be deleted. Delete and create new game data?"

EDIT 2: Ericthegreat had a great idea. If anyone has a sav file at all (preferably around wakeport or Mount PajaMaja I'd really appreciate it). Thanks in advance

Edit 3: I've decided to put my CORRUPTED sav file here if anyone wants to attempt too fix it.

Can you tell what you did?
Can you reproduce this?

I think if you can send Gateway your issue and how to reproduce it then they can fix it

But just saying "it got corrupted" is not going to help them

logon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can you tell what you did?
Can you reproduce this?

I think if you can send Gateway your issue and how to reproduce it then they can fix it

But just saying "it got corrupted" is not going to help them
If I could find a way to reproduce it I would

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything new on this happening? The first thing I would suspect is a dirty shutdown when the GW was in the middle of writing the save to SD.

Edit: If someone could upload a good save from the same game, I could compare in a hex editor. More junk data/padding on the corrupt save could be indicative of an incomplete write caused by a dirty shutdown.

Digital79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the similar experience and it happened like this.
Don´t know it´s a coincidence or not but it happened on the same game mario and luigi DreamTeam (EUR). Was working great and played for around 30hours or so only playing that game. Then I happened to buy more micro sd cards so I put Fire Emblem Awakening (USA) on it and just wanted to check if it worked. Switched the Micro sd cards on the red Gateway and put it back in the 3ds. Game showed up right away and I started it, it stayted that it had to create a save file so I said fine. Game started up just fine, and I said good will play this when I finish DreamTeam. But when I went back to DreamTeam and started it I get "The game data is corrupted and must be deleted. Delete and create new game data? Yes, no." :( No Closes the game and I havent tried picking Yes since that most certenly will mean my save file will be gone. Was hoping it could be fix.

Checking the 3ds SD I see both save files on the root. 0004000000053F00.sav and 0004000000033600.sav

Please let me know if anyone have any ideas.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not to be a smart ass but one thing I would do is regular backups of your .sav files from your 3DS SD card....I am doing this myself so that way if you get a corruption of the save game you can atleast try to roll back to a previous .sav file and see if that fixes it.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This exact same thing happend to me when I got my faulty gateway. Basically, my gateway was giving me the removed card error around 80% of the times. After many hours doing research and tampering with it I found out that it was a contact issue with the mirco sd. I tried wiggling the mirco sd card around and sure enough the game loaded just fine. When playing mario kart I decided to save by going to the 3ds main menu and pressing x to close the application. I then accessed mario kart again and the save loaded just fine.

However, I started getting the save datat corrupted message shortly therafter for mario kart, dkc, castlevania. I thought that my saves were gone for sure. However, I did the diagnostic test on gateway and the lights didn't flow through. It terms out that it wasn't the save data that was corrupted but the actual contacts were causing me problems again. Once I fiddled with the micro sd card again to get it just right. The saves for all my games loaded.

My point is that there are two possibilities for your problems.

1. it may be a contact issue... the game may load just fine but when it comes to loading the save, there is a problem. In this case you may want to fiddle around with the micro sd card as there is a good chance that your save file is ok.

2. your micro sd card had a contact issue while saving and your save is really corrupted. In this case, your save is likely gone forever. I hope this helps...

ZeldaWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what kind of micro sd card are you using?
what kind of big sd card are you using?

i had issues with a kingston class 4 micro sd card. sometimes it hanged after hitting ds profile and sometimes it hanged after launching mario dream team

i bought a sandisk ultra microsd 8gb class 10, it has not hanged yet

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This exact same thing happend to me when I got my faulty gateway. Basically, my gateway was giving me the removed card error around 80% of the times. After many hours doing research and tampering with it I found out that it was a contact issue with the mirco sd. I tried wiggling the mirco sd card around and sure enough the game loaded just fine. When playing mario kart I decided to save by going to the 3ds main menu and pressing x to close the application. I then accessed mario kart again and the save loaded just fine.

However, I started getting the save datat corrupted message shortly therafter for mario kart, dkc, castlevania. I thought that my saves were gone for sure. However, I did the diagnostic test on gateway and the lights didn't flow through. It terms out that it wasn't the save data that was corrupted but the actual contacts were causing me problems again. Once I fiddled with the micro sd card again to get it just right. The saves for all my games loaded.

My point is that there are two possibilities for your problems.

1. it may be a contact issue... the game may load just fine but when it comes to loading the save, there is a problem. In this case you may want to fiddle around with the micro sd card as there is a good chance that your save file is ok.

2. your micro sd card had a contact issue while saving and your save is really corrupted. In this case, your save is likely gone forever. I hope this helps...

something similar happened to my castlevania rom, it said the save got corrupted and then the game would not load, the 3ds game boot screen would hang as well. I did the diagnostic and it stayed on red(looked purple to me) for a long time(several minutes). So long that I stopped looking. when I finally looked at it the led was green! So I wrote another image(Resident Evil Revelations)and it seems to work now. I took the gateway out and back in and it pops up, I also took the microsd card out and in and it pops up.

The question is I'm concerned the save file will also get corrupted, I'm not sure if I have a faulty card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)