Hacking Gateway 3DS ROM compatibility = 99%? Or just a bad dump?

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with the following release:
3DS0203 - Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D (JPN) (8Gbit) (BAHAMUT)

After finishing the first world and defeating the first boss, I noticed that certain areas of the hub world cause my 3DS to crash (which makes further progress impossible). I receive the following error:

attachment.php

I tried the following setups:

SysNAND 9.2 (EU)
EmuNAND 9.2 (EU)
GW 3.0.4
game update 1.1 installed
private header (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning) injected
Samsung EVO 64 GB class 10 mSD card
4 GB SD card which was included in my 3DS XL
ROM downloaded from "a German warez board"

SysNAND 9.2 (EU)
EmuNAND 9.2 (EU)
GW 3.0.4
game update 1.1 installed
private header (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds) injected
Samsung EVO 64 GB class 10 mSD card
4 GB SD card which was included in my 3DS XL
ROM downloaded from "some 3DS and ISO site"

SysNAND 9.2 (EU)
EmuNAND 9.5 (EU)
GW 3.0.4
no game update installed
no header injected
SanDisk 8 GB class 4 mSD card
SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SD card
ROM downloaded from "some 3DS and ISO site"

And I made sure my ROM is not trimmed:

attachment.php

Over at Maxconsole I provided my save for the headerless ROM:
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/JvPjEc8O/file.html

Loading that save you will stand right in front of a bridge which I can't cross without a crash of my 3DS.

Ronhero at Maxconsole was kind enough to give it a try - his 3DS crashed as well.

So we are safe to assume:
- It's not a bad Gateway card
- It's not a problem only occurring on my 3DS
- It's not a header problem
- It's not a problem due to SD or mSD card
- It's not caused by trimming the ROM

And I tried 2 different sources for the ROM, so I don't think it's a defective upload or something. (I will try to find a third source to confirm this)

This narrows the problem down to 2 possible conclusions:
- Gateway 3DS is not 100% compatible to all ROMs
- Or "3DS0203 - Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D (JPN) (8Gbit) (BAHAMUT)" is a bad dump.

So what do you guys think? Did I find a ROM which is incompatible to Gateway? Or did BAHAMUT just fail in providing a proper dump? Can anyone test this with a private dump of DQM 3D?

Thanks in advance for any help!

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I stumbled upon your post searching for the samething online and for answers. I had the same issue with the rom from *ROM SITE* as well not being able to go to the medal collectors house or in shops and parts of The castle would cause errors. But I could still access the travellers gates but the game would be impossible le to beat since some gates wouldn't be accessible due to the crashes... I went ahead and imported a retail copy from amazon.com for 14$ and I used the region free exploit to run the official cartridge and work my way through the game to where I was on the rom. I was able to access the areas that on the rom would cause the game to crash.

So in conclusion I would say it is a bad rom dump and just import the game for cheap off of amazon if you have the $. I'm a die hard dqm fan. Played coins and Terra version. May concierge playing those next but it's taking me awhile to translate using Google translate app on my phone. Constantly taking pictures and scanning text. But it works for the most part. I'm up to the face tree and madcat travelers gate no issues at all.

Hope this post has helped you out.

Reactions: cearp and bjaxx87

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello I stumbled upon your post searching for the samething online and for answers. I had the same issue with the rom from *ROM SITE* as well not being able to go to the medal collectors house or in shops and parts of The castle would cause errors. But I could still access the travellers gates but the game would be impossible le to beat since some gates wouldn't be accessible due to the crashes... I went ahead and imported a retail copy from amazon.com for 14$ and I used the region free exploit to run the official cartridge and work my way through the game to where I was on the rom. I was able to access the areas that on the rom would cause the game to crash.

So in conclusion I would say it is a bad rom dump and just import the game for cheap off of amazon if you have the $. I'm a die hard dqm fan. Played coins and Terra version. May concierge playing those next but it's taking me awhile to translate using Google translate app on my phone. Constantly taking pictures and scanning text. But it works for the most part. I'm up to the face tree and madcat travelers gate no issues at all.

Hope this post has helped you out.

Thanks for posting, I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem! So the error occurs on Sky3DS as well, that's interesting... Well, I'll try to get a cheap copy of the game and will dump it myself.

I'm a die hard fan as well, I own all of the main games, the monster series and several spin offs. I even finished Dragon Quest X on PC (at least version 1, version 2 is already waiting for me). It's a real bummer the series is dead in the west... (Heroes doesn't count)

Reactions: cearp

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a game I never heard of and it's japanese. Impossible to find here without importing.

Cheapest one on ebay is 24 dollars though.

bjaxx87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you guys tried it as a cia?

There seems to be a release called "Dragon Quest Monsters Terry no Wonderland CIA *FBI2CIA*" but all links I find are dead. Googling "ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ テリーのワンダーランド3D cia" doesn't help as well.

Guess I really have to import. It will look nice in my DQ collection anyway ;).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.