mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway-3ds-generic-news-image-1.jpg

The Gateway team have just sent us an email informing us of the release of a new firmware for their Gateway 3DS flash cart. If you didn't follow recent happenings, this new firmware brings a lot to the table: region-free ROM support and firmware spoofing. Read the quote below for more information:
We would like to thank all our beta testers for their timely response and reporting.
Common minor issues we are aware of are:
1) The lack of upper screen banner for some titles which trigger both region and firmware spoof requirements.
2) Some expected issues related to language fonts
There have been some unique reports of issues related to title exit or first GW3DS entry after
installing the update. We believe these are either related to file fragmentation of the 3DS SD card or
some users trimming the titles to fit on the red card's micro SD. Please make sure to try a new SD
card for the 3DS as well as micro SD for the Gateway card together with a known good un-modified
title, where possible.
Installation of the update is simple, download our release here (click)
and simply replace the "Launcher.dat" file on the 3DS SD card.
Source: http://nforush.net/consolenews/detail/gateway-3ds-v11a-region-free-and-firm-spoof-released.html

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Judging from PSP it usually took a while for games to get ahead of the hardware hacks.. Pokemon will have been totally developed on 4.5 and below, so it should work, prehaps with an update, but should actually be compatible is my guess. On PSP 2.0, it took months and months before games totally didn't work.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst part is, I HAVE to keep updating my 3DS, regardless of the GateWay's progress, all for Phoenix Wright only having an eShop release. :(
As someone who is currently playing the Ace Attorney series, here's to hoping we get some way to play eShop games sometime soon!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst part is, I HAVE to keep updating my 3DS, regardless of the GateWay's progress, all for Phoenix Wright only having an eShop release. :(

As someone who is currently playing the Ace Attorney series, here's to hoping we get some way to play eShop games sometime soon!

Why not just get the gateway and download the Japanese version after it gets dumped. You can google the dialogue of all the case at the Phoenix wright wiki.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great, now they can work on better things like 6.x firmware and homebrew. They have already released what most people thought they couldn't. With kernel access anything is possible if you figure it out like team gateway has done.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Alas, as have I. I almost forgot about that. I went back and played all of the games so far released to US soil... I hope that translation team can localize the rest of AAI2 soon. I would help, but have no idea about translating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol