Gateway 3DS on V4.5.0-10E not reverting to GW fw

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi folks,

I bought a second 3ds XL for my daughter (it is in 4.5.0-10E).

Copied the files from the blue folder onto the microSD and put it in the blue gateway.

Installation went fine. Have also put the launcher file onto the internal SD card.

Red card boot fine and I see the gateway menu by holding the left trigger. Then I can choose to boot in Gateway and selct does bring the games andf they run fine.

However, going to the profile does not indicate GW mode but still Ver; 4.5.0-10E. Therefore I am kind of scared to go and update the nand. I know on my 3DS it clearly shows GW3D 7.1.0-16E after I have selected the gatewway mode. Mine is 4.4.0. So I wonder if this is showing different for 4.5.0 ?

Mine has been going from the first Gateway fws and updated to 2.1 as for this one has been directly installed with 2.1.

Any idea why this is doing so ?

Thanks

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    you have to hit "FORMAT EMUNAND" in the gateway menu before GW3D will show up in the version number

tbgtbg likes this.
  3. omarroms

omarroms GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2002
    United States
    The Internet
    the GW3D will only show on emunand, so you have to format emunand.

4. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks, I had completely forgotten that I had done that on the other 3DS console. That did the trick. Many thanks again.

ground likes this.
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Good job you didn't just update :P