Hacking Gateway 3DS omega 2.3b not backing up the NAND

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I am trying to backup the nand using omega 2.3b. When I select the option to back it up it just pauses on the reading. When I check the memory card back in the PC I can see the NAND but its 0kb.

Anyone got any ideas?

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yer I formatted it and tried 3 different card. it also fails in the test menu yet it reads from the SD card to get into the GW menu.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Yer I formatted it and tried 3 different card. it also fails in the test menu yet it reads from the SD card to get into the GW menu.

Try copying the firmware to the SD card again. Perhaps it got corrupted in some way.

Other than that, I dunno. Might be an issue with the 3DS itself. I would say write protection might be enabled, but if it's able to create files, then that can't possibly be the case.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the diagnostics menu tests the micro SD card in the gateway card (says fail if you don't have one inserted), the nand is wrote to the big SD card in the 3DS,

how big is the SD card in the side of the 3DS, the nand needs 1GB free space to be dumped, so make sure its not full

also if all else fails try the "format emunand" option, this also creates a backup of the nand, but you will need to extract it with emunand tool, but once done, its just the same as the nand dump done via the nand backup function (as long as you haven't updated it yet, but freshly formatted emunand is a 4.x backup)

Beaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorted now, tried another mem card. I don't think it was a memory card issue, it just takes ages to start lol

Thanks for your help guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: