Gateway 3DS omega 2.3b not backing up the NAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Beaps, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Beaps
    OP

Beaps Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009
    Hi all

I am trying to backup the nand using omega 2.3b. When I select the option to back it up it just pauses on the reading. When I check the memory card back in the PC I can see the NAND but its 0kb.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Did you format your SD card before attempting to back your nand up?

Might want to try a different SD card as well.

3. Beaps
    OP

Beaps Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009
    Yer I formatted it and tried 3 different card. it also fails in the test menu yet it reads from the SD card to get into the GW menu.

4. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Try copying the firmware to the SD card again. Perhaps it got corrupted in some way.

Other than that, I dunno. Might be an issue with the 3DS itself. I would say write protection might be enabled, but if it's able to create files, then that can't possibly be the case.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the diagnostics menu tests the micro SD card in the gateway card (says fail if you don't have one inserted), the nand is wrote to the big SD card in the 3DS,

how big is the SD card in the side of the 3DS, the nand needs 1GB free space to be dumped, so make sure its not full

also if all else fails try the "format emunand" option, this also creates a backup of the nand, but you will need to extract it with emunand tool, but once done, its just the same as the nand dump done via the nand backup function (as long as you haven't updated it yet, but freshly formatted emunand is a 4.x backup)

6. Beaps
    OP

Beaps Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009
    Sorted now, tried another mem card. I don't think it was a memory card issue, it just takes ages to start lol

Thanks for your help guys