Hacking Gateway 3DS Not Working With Firmware 8.1.0-18U?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my Gateway in the mail today. Followed a Youtube guide on setting it up...

Put Launcher.dat on SD card.

Put file for Bluecard on root of SD that goes in Blue Card.

Put both cards in 3DS, boot up, select the Blue Card....

and I get: An error has occurred. Press and hold POWER button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Operations Manual for Details.

OK, now what?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Your doing it wrong
You need to place the Launcher.dat in your big SD Card (root folder), set up your router WiFi on your 3DS (new connection), open the browser and type go.gateway-3ds.com

This is how GW works for 4.5+ up until 9.2.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR 3DS PAST 8.1 ONLINE AS IT WILL GO TO 9.4 AND YOU'LL LOOSE THE HABILITY DO USE GW.

Good luck!

xdrako23x

Crash Bandicoot
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on a second... do I have to go to the freaking Gateway web page every time I want to play a game?

If you dont use gateaway for dev purpose or modding purpose their no reason to buy a gateaway... Just get a QQ3DS or Sky3DS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hold on a second... do I have to go to the freaking Gateway web page every time I want to play a game?
you can downgrade to 4.x for 3ds/3dsXL, only 2ds users are limited to web exploit only, and nope you only need to use the web exploit if you exit gateway mode.....you could pretty much never reset and never need to do the exploit again(although thats a bit far fetched....but still only whenever the console is reset or goes off would you need to run the exploit again

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So without a Gateway card i can downgrade? What about the DS Profile.. can i do that without a Gateway?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...and if i dump a retail game... Card 2.. Tomodachi USA... would it delete the save file or will it come with the save?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.. after im done downgrading it... how do I exit back to sysnand safely without a card? One video says to put your gateway card in before booting to classic mode..

so i can do it without?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: