mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway-3ds-newsupdate.jpg

GATEWAY 3DS - UPDATED iNFORMATiON (7th August 2013)

Currently it is not compatible with firmware above 4.5 but we are working on making it compatible as quickly as possible with 5.x and 6.x firmwares. It is most likely to happen in the weeks to come since we are now done with V1.0 of our product and can now fully concentrate on newer firmware and new functions.

Since the product is now released and soon in Nintendo's hands, anything above 6.2.0 will most likely never be compatible.

In any case: NEVER update, as we never know if we can make a fix for any update.

Remove automatic updates by enabling parental control to prevent any accident.

We can't repeat it enough, do NOT update if you want to be able to enjoy the only solution for your 3DS: Gateway! You have been warned!

Downloads: Gateway-3DS.com

SOURCE: http://nforush.net/consolenews/detail/gateway-3ds-not-compatible-with-fw-above-45-yet.html

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wonder if its a good time to update to the latest firmware before this gets released and they are able to patch it. I am currently on 5.something just wondering if i should snag 6.2.0 while i can

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same as the PS3 CFW
you can use it on a system above 3.55

doesnt mean people wont find a method around games being compatible
It's not really the same. Ps3 has cfw for current firmware, it just can't be installed unless you're on 3.55 or lower.

mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m curious how it will be in a few weeks from now.
wonder if they really will come up with a solution.

mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone here looking forward to buy a gateway 3ds but updated to fw 6.x already?
Probably many people did that to be able to play the latest games on their device...

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been saying for months how gateway will be patched out of existance. Nice to have official confirmation. Now if they would just be compleatly honest and admit theres most likely never going to be a post 4.5 update from gateway...

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why people are so shocked that it likely wont work over 4.5, I mean they've been saying since june that it can be blocked. And when you're buying something like this "can be blocked" for all intents and purposes should be considered "will be blocked" if it's a deciding factor for you.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lucky here in New Zealand, i dont think we have any brand new 3ds/xl on shelves with higher than 4.5, there are no bundles for sale here, except old ass ones.. So i might go and pick me up another just to keep below 4.5, i think last one i saw here purchased had 4.1, Are there many 4.5 games ??, if so i wonder if running one via gateway would upgrade it to 4.5 ???

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So.. Can we update to 4.5 with a .3ds and re-patch it or do we need an official game as they said?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night