• Likes 3

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Saturosias

Yeah, a cfw will be used by the vast majority of owners of a 3DS in order to play ROMS. Do you have a problem with that? Will you lose money personally? Are you a stakeholder in Gateway or Nintendo?

Until Nintendo decides to stop milking its customers dry by pricing really high their low specced hardware and their games (Mario Kart DS still 45 EURO in my country WTF) gamers will always try to find a way to pirate.

Plus, a CFW will allow us to do much more with it. Look where PRO-C for the PSP has gone...

Everyone in this site who complains about piracy is a hypocrite, plain and simple.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TemplarGR I was not stating anything about the morality of piracy, I was correcting your implication that CFW would somehow create a "scene" in the 3DS field that is anything more than "how do I patch this game". That's crap for PS3Hax (a "scene" of people getting angry because Mathieulh didn't leak keys to them, a la tueidj-style crybabies) and ROM dump sites.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if this true about might not ever be compatible above 6.2 then this thing is going to be uselessto the majority of people who are getting Pokemon and zelda

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well if this true about might not ever be compatible above 6.2 then this thing is going to be uselessto the majority of people who are getting Pokemon and zelda

If you're gonna get 2 games just freaking buy them. If for example they're together worth 100$ then it's just 20$ more than gateway.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

How about spending all the money you have saved being a dirty pirate and buying a secondary device, just for lame ass pokemon, and you wont have to keep it under your pillow at night in a lead lined pillowcase to protect it from updating either....

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How about spending all the money you have saved being a dirty pirate and buying a secondary device, just for lame ass pokemon, and you wont have to keep it under your pillow at night in a lead lined pillowcase to protect it from updating either....
well if you believe that all people that like homebrew or even test a game prior buying as a <dirty> pirate you ought to do yourself a favor and stop reading this thread or even gbatemp site .
i dont like the way people put tags cause of their ignorance or their self arrogance

Reactions: unz and signz

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
btw...

Nintendo filed lawsuit against HackYourConsole.com...
Gateway 3DS mentioned in Nintendo pr article!

View: http://nforush.net/consolenews/detail/nintendo-files-another-lawsuit-gateway-3ds-mentioned.html
From the Nintendo press release:
Nintendo said:
The operator of HackYourConsole.com has developed a global business focused on selling unauthorized copies of Nintendo games and game-copying devices (such as the R4 device) used to circumvent the technological protection measures contained in the Nintendo DS family of hand-held systems.
(emphasis mine)

They sold MicroSD cards full of ROMs on their website, Nintendo only mentions the Gateway 3DS in passing. Selling ROMs is despicable, IMHO they deserve being sued.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it was a custom firmware after all??? Does the .nds file work on another flashcards? (DSTWO) anyone tested? I don't want to mess up my 3DS and I'm on 6.2

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They seem pretty sure they will be able to add 5.x/6.x compatibility, I'm not so sure about that. Finding exploits isn't easy...
Lets see if that actually turns out to be the case. I might actually get one if they manage to add compatibility, though not right away. They need to add a menu first so I don't have to carry around 100 MicroSDs with me.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gateway made a big mistake releaseing this before pokemon X / Y was released, as it unlikely to work with it but time will tell.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gateway made a big mistake releaseing this before pokemon X / Y was released, as it unlikely to work with it but time will tell.
There's not even a guarantee that they'll get Gateway working on 6+ firmware, so if anything, releasing it as soon as possible is best, because the longer they wait the higher the average user firmware gets.

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the .nds file work on another flashcards? (DSTWO) anyone tested? I don't want to mess up my 3DS and I'm on 6.2

I got it working on my Acekard 2i.
Note though, that I was running it on a Nintendo DS, so I didn't actually install it...

Ammendum:

Well, I got bored, so I tried to install it onto my DS (I have a spare).
Got through the programming part, but screwed up on verifying. Error: 0001fe00

6lff8Xh.jpg

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As we see, the Gateway can access the 3D Mode about DS Mode.
So i think there is a high chance to crack 5&6 and coming FW Versions.

M3-Cheater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As we see, the Gateway can access the 3D Mode about DS Mode.
This doesn't happen in DS mode, it is 3DS mode:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_exploits said:
to long or corrupted strings (01Ah 2 Nickname length in characters 050h 2 Message length in characters) in the NVRAM DS user settings cause (System Settings/Other Settings/Profile/Nintendo DS Profile to crush) (this is still 3DS mode)
This exploit gets "started" in the 3DS settings.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont get the use of this...
It seems a waste.
So we can only ever play games released requiring 6.2 or less?

Hopefully its "unpatchable", but seeing gateway dont have much faith in that, this just seems pointless.
What about when 3DS account + miiverse comes out.

Hopefully they'll be another flashcard or maybe even softmod, which can support region free and can be fixed after being patched with a patch for the card or something...

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country

I don't think it would have made any difference, the exploit was patched in the 6.1? plus update.
There's a change Gateway can create a fix for 6.0 and below ...but X/Y like any other future releases, will most likely be put out with a much higher firmware.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I dont get the use of this...
It seems a waste.
So we can only ever play games released requiring 6.2 or less?

Hopefully its "unpatchable", but seeing gateway dont have much faith in that, this just seems pointless.
What about when 3DS account + miiverse comes out.

Hopefully they'll be another flashcard or maybe even softmod, which can support region free and can be fixed after being patched with a patch for the card or something...

Nope, atm you can only play games requiring 4.5 or less as the 3DS has to be on 4.1-4.5 for it to work to begin with and cant go higher..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey