GATEWAY 3DS IS PREPARING A BIG UPDATE IN APRIL!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheGreek Boy, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZoNtendo

ZoNtendo GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2015
    [​IMG]
    hum still a lot for something that is unnecessary

2. el_gonz87
    This message by el_gonz87 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: Congrats, you won a warn -rp.
    Mar 19, 2017
  3. Slattz
    This message by Slattz has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Mar 19, 2017
  4. el_gonz87
    This message by el_gonz87 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: And you've earned a warn -rp.
    Mar 19, 2017
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Maybe there thrashing one out over the Switch! That might be Gateways big number... I can see it now in the big update, "New Gateway+2 Flashcard for the Nintendo Switch"

Last edited by Reecey, Mar 19, 2017
    leonmagnus99 likes this.
  6. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    Originally, Gateway did inject code that brick flashcard dev that was trying to steal their work.
    In this case, their flashcard won't work and won't be released to the public.
    But apparently, here they didn't made any test they did copy Gateway work as it is and they did said: "here our release"

When users got their 3ds bricked, they did yell at Gateway, but they wasn't their fault, it was the clone team that didn't made their job.

If you buy a counterfeit version of something, and it didn't work because the original version have secret stuff that the faker didn't find, to who will you yell ? On the creator of counterfeit product, not on the original !

It was just a fail of supercard, no dstwo+, no brick.
    As simple as that.

People did misunderstood the whole thing, but meh, what does it change anyway¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MartyDreamy likes this.
  7. Vieax

Vieax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    This is intresting...
    Im exicted to see what they have prepared :)

I did RE the exploits and rops already tho :P

Last edited by Vieax, Mar 19, 2017
  8. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    only 70%? is that like GW Lite?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

At Gateway. I can believe many of the buyers didn't know it was a fake GW, or they didn't know the difference. Or, some don't even know what a GW is. Gateway are to blame for the bricks. They should've made DRM that detects a counterfeit and stops the cart from working properly (or refuse to start GW under a fake cart), not brick the end user.

DayVeeBoi and lincruste like this.
  9. Arck

Mar 13, 2016
    Yeah the brick code is from Gateway, but supercard didn't tested their update before releasing the update file, so it was at this moment that everyone did blame them, if it was just a block, it would nothing for the clone, and here come the try and retry to fix it and get it working. Here they have something dangerous, so they better not fix it.
    Hopefully they did remove the dangerous update file from their website, otherwise you would see 99% more brick lol

10. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    This.

11. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    GW had no hand in the clone bricks. Code in the R4i was 100% original, R4i team confirmed that when asked.

Can't have it both ways. When it's all good "our code, not a clone", then when it goes wrong, gateways fault.

12. ZoNtendo

ZoNtendo GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2015
    But they removed the brick code no ?

Now you have a "You seem to be scammed, refer to gateway-3ds.com/scam for more information" when you pop up the rom selection menu.

13. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Its like saying (as an CFW developer)" use just my launcher, not other launchers" and you dont listen. still use another launcher and brick your console.

ITS F** USERS FAULT!!! (you cant just blame GW alone). So, if you have setup the GW emunand with their own GW red card, why would you use a clone card? WTF? Doesnt makes any sense.

Last edited by deSSy2724, Mar 19, 2017
  14. Arck

Mar 13, 2016
    they really did ?
    www.gateway-3ds.com/scam/ seem to be real, how would you access to this if you bricked lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you don't seem to get it, that not how it work

gnmmarechal likes this.
  15. ZoNtendo

ZoNtendo GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2015
    no reason, it's just the clone that is a Gateway spoofer that don't spoof everything at 100% so it will brick

16. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    OHHH that's right, I think in update 3.5 or 3.6 is when they added the message. It said "Clone cart detected!" Or whatever. Idk if it still bricked or not but someone posted a screenshot of it.

However I'm pretty sure it's still worth noting that the Supercard DSTWO+ required you to go to Gateway's site and download the launcher.dat yourself. And Gateway themselves posted a large disclaimer in their newest post at the time that clones would not work with their launcher. At that point if you're not reading then it's really your own fault, also, Supercard didn't even confirm whether the brick code was there before they pushed the update to their emulation plugin and instructed their users to download the malicious update, so how are they and their userbase not at fault?

Quantumcat likes this.
  17. GhostLatte

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Can there ever be a Gateway thread without the CFW crusaders circlejerking over stale memes?

18. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    ???
    No, how else will people shitpost about gateway for free likes?

Zidapi likes this.
  19. GhostLatte
    This message by GhostLatte has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Mar 19, 2017
  20. d12unk13astard
    This message by d12unk13astard has been removed from public view by raulpica, Mar 25, 2017, Reason: This got old something like... 2 years ago? -rp.
    Mar 19, 2017
  21. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Can I spoof my 11.2 emunand to access eshop?

22. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 MAD SCIENTIST

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    República Juliana
    I doubt it will be anything particularly useful.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  23. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    a switch flashcard:creep:?

24. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    It's GBAtemp.
    Did you expect any less?

Anyway, OT.
    Sighax pls?

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  25. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i don't think i'll be putting my gateway carts back in mine and my kids 3ds systems. so far my new 3ds xl has not been deflowered yet.

unless they have an actual 11.3 solution, they are a thing of the past. unfortunate since they broke some ground for the scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.